Cost Engineer / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major oil and gas pipeline company, is currently seeking a Cost Engineer based in Calgary, AB.
- Prepare all facets of an estimate including contingencies, escalations, cash flows and benchmarks to support Project Development efforts.
- Prepare multiple estimates simultaneously through the standardized internal estimating process.
- Support and present estimates to internal management.
- Support various cost engineering reports and special studies using scientific principles and techniques, while ensuring the quality of inputs and outputs.
- Perform routine cost analysis and other cost related evaluations.
- Provide support and input for Cost Estimating Model updates due to standard changes, industry practices, recent project experience, etc. as required.
- Liaise with other departments including supply chain, cost control, and area managers to ensure effective and accurate cost information is being used in the estimates.
- Focus is on independently achieving general objectives in support of an assigned area of the enterprise.
- Works independently on varied assignments requiring a broad and/or specialized knowledge of engineering disciplines and the inter-related effects of the work on other areas of the project cycle/enterprise.
- Decision making is guided by applying standard procedures, may make modifications of procedures or use methods developed in previous assignments.
- Recommendations are reviewed for soundness of judgement but are usually accepted as technically accurate and feasible. Atypical or specialized problems may be referred to senior technical staff.
- The impact of the work is typically limited in dollar value.
- Close working relationships with other members of the Cost Engineering team, Project Development leads and project execution teams across Major Projects.
- Verbal and written communication typically consists of the collection and relay of technical information and analysis of project cost information in additional to preparation of results in the form of formal reports and presentations.
- Need to maintain a high level of communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong computing skills including proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making within scope of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to work with people at all levels across the company.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Well-developed prioritization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a demonstrated high degree of accuracy.
- Engineering degree with 4-10 years of industry experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants with cost estimating or project controls backgrounds.
- Strong ability/desire to demonstrate leadership and take initiative.
- Facilitation skills (strong or desire to develop further).
- Experience with Timberline and Cleopatra softwares
How to Apply
Latest Jobs - finishing/internals manager – prime residential contracts engineer qc inspector (coating) drilling and completion supervisor oilfield services operator oilfield services operator project engineer - water / civil projects - metro based accounts payable officer contract administrator - commercial fitout - 3 month contract oilfield services operator senior project manager - infrastructure scada (oasys) engineer - intermediate pipeline automation (scada) engineer - senior technical facilitator (maintenance ready for operations) civil 3d drafter sr.instrument/electrical designer e&i maintenance planner engineering manager - epc commissioning manager (short term) head of quality – epc utilities supervisor downhole tools specialist e&i project engineer automation and process control engineer project manager completion engineer senior estimator – decent homes / small works pre-commissioning mechanical (rotating) superintendent pre-commissioning electrical superintendent welding supervisor - port expansion project fabrication supervisor - port expansion project ndt qc supervisor - port expansion project learn arabic training manager cost controller drilling and completions material and logistics coordinator piping smartplant3d designer hr advisor cyber security specialist (6 months contract & extendable) electrical fitter account manager - completions & cementing senior internal auditor mechanical fitter : rail competency assurance program analyst project procurement analyst reliability specialist head of civil senior cost engineer sharepoint applications support consultant technical solutions outsourcing consultant commissioning shift leader V