Environmental Advisor / Canada
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a pipeline company, is currently seeking an Environmental Advisor on a contract basis. The role will be based in Kitimat, B.C.
- Environmental management, plans and regulatory requirements
- Project approvals, authorizations and permits
- Applicable legislation, regulations and guidelines
- Contract documents and project plans & specifications
- Corporate environmental management programs & policies
- Ensure appropriate and adequate levels of protection are in place to prevent or minimize impacts to environmental resources, with specific reference to erosion and sediment controls, waste management, pollution prevention and response, watercourse management. flora and fauna protection, among others.
- Act as an effective communication liaison between Construction Manager and field staff when required.
- Provide daily support and manage to Environmental Field Supervisors and ensure they are adequately performing their responsibilities.
- Undertake audits of subcontractors to ensure compliance/ participate in corporate, client or other audits. Follow up corrective actions or non-compliance to closure.
- Perform training, TBT, etc. with construction crews and subcontractors to reinforce environmental best practices.
- Ensure Environmental Emergency Response Crew is adequately staffed, trained and resources, including subcontracting third parties as required.
- Review and provide advice and implement environmental management plans, i.e. erosion and sediment control plans and pollution prevention, waste management, among others.
- Provide assistance with the interpretation of environmental authorizations, approvals, permits, standards, and guidelines
- Work co-operatively with other project parties to resolve environmental issues
- Prepare timely, accurate, and unbiased reporting and ensure accurate record keeping to meet client and regulatory requirements.
- Implement improvement initiatives.
- Attend project meetings and assure environmental issues are brought forward for discussion and resolution
- Take part in on the ground-based level meeting to discuss possible stop work orders when construction activities are impacting or have the potential cause an adverse effect
- Undertake other tasks as requested by Environment or Construction Manager.
- 5+ years of Environmental Regulatory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science preferred
- Expert knowledge in Environmental and Regulatory regulations regarding Pipeline construction in British Columbia
- Must be collaborative and work with the construction team
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven previous work experience in British Columbia
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2019