Pipeline Reliability Engineer / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Pipeline Integrity Reliability Engineer
- Perform and report on integrity reliability analysis using standard tools and techniques to support department goals and job accountabilities (e.g. periodical system-wide probability of failure analysis) and stakeholders' requests.
- Support continuous improvement Integrity Reliability plan for analysis tools, processes, and methodologies.
- Perform reliability analysis for company assets using existing tools (ERA, Python, MatLab, @Risk). This includes hands-on application of existing reliability models (e.g. Monte Carlo simulations, Bayesian Network, Fault Tree, Decision Tree) for integrity and non-integrity threats.
- Perform more detailed investigations for lines/segments/features do not meet integrity reliability targets following existing processes.
- Address stakeholders' requests including problem definition, data collection, application of standard assessment techniques, and communication of results. Support more senior team members for complex requests that exceed standard processes.
- Participate in the documentation and effective communication of methodology, results, limitations, etc. to internal and external stakeholders for standard assessments.
- Provide guidance to more junior staff members or external consultants to support project tasks.
- Support continuous improvement of different assessment tools and techniques through:
- Researching relevant literature;
- Collecting relevant data for feasibility analysis and system-wide analysis; propose improvement ideas for better data accuracy and data quality;
- Assisting with the automation and improvement of existing models.
- Support the development and maintenance of processes, procedures, and work instructions.
- Support the generation of industry publications and technical reports.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from PI Reliability team members to support department objectives.
- This position's responsibilities include:
o Safety: assess the reliability of company systems. Results of this analysis will be used to identify areas of potential concern and to support safety decisions which require highly accurate assessment and attention to detail.
o Stakeholders: interact with several internal stakeholders. This requires frequent professional communication and relationship building.
o Financial: support Pipeline Integrity decision making.
o People: provide guidance to small project teams (including more junior staff and/or external consultants) to help support project tasks. Employees in this position must be able to work under the direction of more senior personnel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation from APEGA (or equivalent)
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in civil/mechanical/industrial engineering (or equivalent) from a recognized university or college.
- A minimum of 4 years of engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced data analytics
- Pipeline integrity related projects and programs;
- Reliability analysis including statistical analysis, results interpretation, system modelling, etc.; and/or
- Research-related projects requiring review of industry literature, interpretation of a variety data types, and generation of conclusions and recommendations based on findings
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Some knowledge of statistical tools (such as @RISK or MATLAB) and large databases (e.g PowerPivot or Power Query, Power PI).
- Critical thinking skills related both to technical engineering/reliability analysis and project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with stakeholders. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers and stakeholders in both formal and informal settings.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively deliver self-directed tasks and stakeholder requests.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver thorough technical analysis and recommendations.
- Strong safety and integrity values.
- Relevant experience with risk assessment, reliability, or statistical/probabilistic analysis.
- Experience with pipeline integrity reliability software (such as PIRAMID or ReliaSoft).
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Baseline understanding of scripting languages (such as Python, VBA, C#).
- Baseline understanding of finite element analysis or computational fluid dynamics software (such as Abaqus or ANSYS).