EC&I Systems Engineer – Leek, Staffordshire – £30 / 40k + company benefits
Are you an experienced EC&I Engineer looking to take the next step in your career, with a company that will support your development?
Based at their site in Leek, our client has an opportunity within their EC&I team for an EC&I Systems Technician to take responsibility for all of the documentation and upkeep of the electrical, control and instrumentation systems on site.
Due to high demand, our client is looking for someone to come on board assist the EC&I Engineer with the documentation and updating of the systems on site. The successful candidate will be specifically responsible for maintaining electrical, control and instrument documentation systems, Portable Appliance Testing, emergency and standard lighting systems, electrical installation condition reporting systems, safety testing systems etc. The EC&I Systems Engineer will report directly to the EC&I Engineer, and join an environment that will challenge them, but reward and support their career development.
This role could appeal to an EC&I Engineer with experience management of and updating of instrumentation systems in a manufacturing environment, or to a highly experienced EC&I Technician that is ready to take on additional responsibilities. This role is the link between the maintenance team and the engineering team. Job duties:
- Implement new electrical, control and instrument documentation systems.
- Continuous improvement of the maintenance and engineering procedures of these systems.
- Responsible for routine electrical, control and instrument procurement and spares management.
- Take responsibility for the documentation and updating of all electrical, control and instrumentation systems on site.
- To comply with current best practice, regulations for industrial, domestic and hazardous areas whilst respecting personal safety and the safety of others.
- To provide written records of engineering work undertaken.
- To maintain documentation controlled systems.
- HNC or equivalent in electrical or instrumentation discipline
- Recognised apprenticeship
- Experience with MMS (Maintenance Management Schemes)
- Understanding of CAD systems
- IEE Regulations 17th or 18th Edition
- 3 years post apprenticeship experience in an industrial environment