Irrigation Management and Institutional Expert - Uganda
A leading international consulting engineering company is seeking an Irrigation Management and Institutional Expert for an Irrigation Master Plan project. This is a short term position for just 3 months with a likely start date of around March / April.
- Suggest generic farming systems appropriate both to the country's agro-ecological zones and to market expectations in Uganda, the Region and Globally in the short, medium or long terms: the generic farming systems i) should be sufficient to allow indicative water allocation and economic analyses; and ii) can be expected to change over the short; medium and long terms
- Identify and describe any challenges and opportunities in both supply chains and value added chains
- Prepare production budgets for the generic farming systems, including any that may be more suitable for private sector participation
- BSc in Irrigation or Water Resources or related. Post-graduate qualification would be beneficial
- 15+ years of experience on similar international water resource management projects.
- Experience on irrigation projects in sub-Saharan Africa
- Familiar with donor funded projects.
- Must be able to work with government agencies, executing agencies and work with international teams.
If you are interested this position and would like to find out more then please apply within. If you have the relevant experience I will endeavour to get in contact with you within 48 hours.