Mechanical Isolation Authority Verifier / Canada
We are pleased to offer the following opportunity of Mechanical Isolation Authority Verifier in ?Muskrat Falls Site, NL.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: One year, renewable
Closing date: 2019-02-15 12:00:00
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
The duties and job functions of the LCP Mechanical Isolating Authority Verifier shall include, but are not limited to the
- Perform field inspections to confirm compliance with PTW work scopes
- Perform field inspections to verify accuracy and completeness of PTW supporting documentation
- Verify that all work performed by Contractors complies with their LOTO programs
- Verify that all required isolations adequately protect workers from the potential release of hazardous energy
- University graduation with a Bachelor degree in Engineering related discipline, or appropriate mechanical trade certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in related field
- Experience working in energized installations.
- Familiarization with Permit-to-Work systems for energized installations.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements and Construction Industry Best Practices considered an asset.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor's vision and core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
- Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within a multi-functional team environment (matrix style organization structure).
- Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor Energy's vision and values.
- Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.
- Must be able to work a site based rotational work schedule