Project Manager - Mini Hydropower Project (10 MW)
My client is seeking a Project Engineer for Mini Hydropower Project in Uganda. A Project Engineer you will be responsible for coordinating operations and maintenance work between the project company, Consultant and other external parties.
Project Description: 10MW operational run of river hydro project
Project Site: Uganda (Project site)
- Actively participate in contractor management, including Operations and Maintenance contracts, ensuring efficiency and best value for the fund.
- Assessment of existing operational management plans and systems, gap analysis and implementation of improvement measures wherever required. Approach should be collaborative and implemented to achieve maximum level of buy-in from site based personnel, in order that a sustainable change in site modus operandi results.
- Assess the available options for scheme enhancement opportunities
- Prepare detailed cost estimates, manage the budget and cost control, perform capital program management, and financial and O&M schedule reporting.
- Participate to tender preparation, tender evaluations, contract negotiations, contract administration, contract supervision, and claims management.
- Oversee and/or manage the systems and processes to track, measure, and report O&M performance and construction progress
- Responsible for directing contractual negotiations and assisting/participating in the negotiations as may be necessary in support of the project
- Other duties as assigned with respect to other projects and multiple technologies, i.e. hydro, Biomass or solar in all Sourcing, development, construction and operation phases.
Duties during construction phase:
- Manage the execution of approved engineering works, both for new construction, upgrades, and refurbishment.
- Act as the project's point of contact for all technical communications.
- Establish and track project key performance indicators (schedule, cost, quality, scope) and provide inputs/corrective action to ensure progress is according to plan.
- Evaluate monthly contractor progress reports whilst ensuring that project risks are identified and managed appropriately.
- Support the negotiation of variation orders as required, managing scope, technical issues and commercial commitments
Salary Package: - 90,000- 120,000 USD Per Annum
If you would like to be considered please send an up to date CV and references to me.