Searching for a Quality Manager for one our major EPC clients near Meadville, PA. This is a direct hire opportunity with an exciting an attractive compensation package. Relocation will be provided to candidates located in the United States only. The Quality Manager's main responsibility will be to establish a regional quality assurance system and team. Please see the additional details below.
- Manage the internal audit program and perform internal audits to ISO 9001 and company standards. Prepare checklists and reports. Conduct follow-up audits as necessary. Oversee internal auditors.
- Execute quality plans and activities regarding new product quality, product inspection and testing, nonconforming material, customer requirements, continuous improvement, and quality training. Coordinate and perform analyses and activities related to corrective and preventive actions.
- Perform quality related functions regarding purchased items. Perform vendor surveys and performance analyses. Participate in vendor continuous improvement activities.
- Supervise the functioning of inspectors in receiving, manufacturing and spare parts.
- Work closely with both the Crisis Management and HSE teams building a strong relationship to promote and support all related activities.
- Work closely with the Procurement Group to coordinate continuous improvement in the components and services we receive from our suppliers.
- Provide support to the engineering group with product development and problem solving.
- Support manufacturing for achievement of Quality goals through assistance with problem solving and quality data analysis.
- Report to management monthly the status of Quality at the assigned Operation
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company’s product line
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement managing QA/QC personnel on a day-to-day basis while supporting concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection and establishes and implements leading and lagging key performance metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements and establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality
- B.S. in technical field required, masters in technical field preferable. 7-10 years’ experience in a Quality related position; knowledge of inspection, statistics, NDE, welding, metalworking, business administration, sampling plans.
- Preferable certification as black belt or green belt minimum in Six Sigma. Required to have demonstrated a leadership role in the quality transformation with a successful track of leading or participation on Imagine and Innovative projects.
- ASNT Level III certification preferable. Working knowledge of welding, machining, fabrication and assembly processes and practices, written and oral communications, human relations, regulatory administration. SPC, mechanical measurement, chemical and physical testing, government/regulatory codes, quality control and inspection techniques.
- Experience leading teams and working in a matrix organization building partnerships with the business unit and global/regional QHSE teams.