We are pleased to offer the following opportunity of Senior Project Engineer, in St. John's, NL
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 2018-11-22 12:00:00
As a senior team member with extensive offshore project experience, the Senior Project Engineer – Marine will provide oversight to multiple marine scopes to identify risks, opportunities and change that may affect marine scope. You will continuously explore opportunities to improve safety and operational efficiency of marine activities. You will interface with multidiscipline client and/or contractor teams across project scopes to address challenges and opportunities, drawing on your experience to arrive at safe and efficient solutions. You may be assigned responsibility to act as single point of contact with a marine contractor.
This a 1 year contract with potential for long term extension someone who is a confident, direct, and concise communicator who can act as steward for project execution excellence.
Some short duration international travel may be required (to Europe or Texas) to support the project; travel will be reimbursed as required. This role is office based and non-local candidates willing to relocate to St. John’s for the role will be considered.
Location: NL- St. John’s
Schedule: Standard 8 hours/day and 40 hours/week, Mon-Fri
Team culture: A small team that is highly functional, well experienced and takes ownership. Working together in an open culture and free communication is encouraged.
- Together with its co-venture partners, the client is developing West White Rose with a concrete gravity (CGS) supported wellhead platform.
- This is innovative technology for the region: a proven concept around the world, the client is the first to bring it to Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Provide oversight of change management process for the marine scope with focus on timely, concise, consistent communication
- Participate in risk assessments associated with marine scope including bringing actions and mitigations to closure
- Review and comment on contractor’s project management and technical documentation
- Participate in interface management process and take ownership of bringing interfaces to full resolution
- Participate in technical and project management meetings with contractors and other team members
- Drawing on prior project experience, provide technical advice and knowledge transfer to marine team to ensure best practices are being applied
- Other tasks as required
- 15 years of experience in offshore oil & gas industry in progressively challenging roles
- 5 or more years of experience in management of marine contractors
- Working knowledge of contracts used for hire of marine vessels and services
- Experience in the application of project risk management and change management processes
- Engineering Degree in relevant discipline (Ocean/Naval, structural, mechanical, civil or similar)
- P. Eng or eligible to register in Newfoundland
- Eligible to work within Canada
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point)
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the management of foreign vessel intake for offshore marine construction in Canada
- Experience in floating accommodations vessels
- Experience in tow-out and installation of concrete marine structures
- Experience in the planning of SIMOPS
- Experience in load-out, transportation and installation of large topsides