Permit to Work Officer - English & Spanish Speaking / Argentina
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
We are supporting a 3 large projects in Argentina where our client are seeking an experienced Permit to Work Officer. Key requirements for this position will be to speak English and Spanish ; good level in both written and verbal communication.
Position will be starting in January 2019 for a period of 6 to 9 months with view to extension.
Permit to Work Officer reports to the Site Commissioning Manager with functional interface with HSE Advisors and Operational staff. Key responsibility is to ensure full compliance with the PTW Procedure and Site HSE Plan, particularly ensuring appropriate and effective isolation of plant equipment during the commissioning phase.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Setting up of the PTW Site Office
- Performing inductions to all site staff holding a role within the PTW procedure
- Maintaining a register of permits, this includes the database and filing of the paper copies of open and closed PTW´s
- Administering locking of the isolation keys in key safe boxes and possible cross-locking of keys / PTW´s
- Assisting in the planning and organisation of work schedules and co-ordination of activities
- Managing PTW´s with an interface to third parties, this means outside the own scope of supply, e.g. Customer scope,
- Ensuring interface activities do not adversely impact operational requirements or the scheduled programme of work
- Inspection of sub-contractor risk assessments and generic / specific method statements, to ensure a safe system of work
- Ensuring PTW applications are authorised by the staff with the respective roles before work may commence and that the sequence is strictly adhered to
- Ensuring local supervisors and staff carrying out the authorised activities understand and are fully compliant with the authorised method statements; and that any risks associated with the activities are reduced to a minimum by adequate measures
- Executing isolation measures depending on the PTW Officer´s technical background
- Drafting emergency procedures to cater for abnormal situations such as loss of isolation keys or loss of original PTW form
- Carrying out on-site inspections to ensure compliance with the authorised method of working and boundary conditions stipulated in the PTW´s
- Reporting any breaches of authorised PTW's to the Commissioning Manager.
To be consider please apply with your latest CV / Resume.