We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world- wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a large Midstream company, is currently seeking two Senior Operation Specialists for permanent roles. These roles will initially be located in their Calgary office; however will be relocating to site (Strathcona County, AB) in 2019.Terms of Employment
Full Time, Permanent Employment Language of Work
English Benefits Package
The client offers a range of employee benefits and a retirement savings plan, all of which
are governed by the applicable plan’s terms. Our core benefits coverage includes medical,
dental, paramedical, vision, basic life, dependent life, AD&D, critical illness, emergency medical
travel insurance, EFAP, STD, and LTD.
This position may be eligible for relocation benefits, if required. Locations of Work:
This role will originally be based out of the Calgary corporate office, and transition to the
Heartland Petrochemical Complex in the Stathcona County area following the completion of the
administration offices at the site.
Senior Operations Specialist – Propane dehydrogenation (Pdh)The individual in the Senior Operations Specialist – Pdh role will report to the Operations Manager, Propane Dehydrogenation (PDH). The Senior Operations Specialist – PDH role will assist the Operations Manager - PDH, during the pre-operational phase to prepare the facility for operations. This will include tasks such as development of commissioning and operational procedures, onboarding and training of new hires, system walk downs and turnover from construction. During the operational phase, the Senior Operations Specialist - PDH utilizes operational knowledge, expertise and skills to improve plant performance and operating discipline. The Senior Operations Specialist - PDH works closely with the shift team and technical staff on a daily basis and acts in coordination with the Shift Supervisor to provide leadership to shift operators in the execution of operational targets, goals and plans. This role will initially be based out of the Calgary corporate office. The role will then transition to the Heartland Petrochemical Complex in the Strathcona County area in mid-2019. Key Activities and Responsibilities:
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Provide support to project teams to plan, construct and commission projects allowing for smooth transition and hand-off to from project to operations and maintenance
- Provide input to project(s) to ensure the safe, compliant and reliable design of all project assets
- Provide input to commissioning planning, facility systems definition and turnover sequences
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures and emergency procedures for facility operation
- Utilize expertise and subject matter knowledge towards solving complex operational problems. To become recognized as an operations expert in PDH technology
- Monitor and optimize process conditions through data analysis (PI Historian, DCS, etc.) and application of experience to ensure plant production and quality is maximized in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist in the coordination of reliability and maintenance activities including preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance
- Provide input to Shit Supervisor and Operators to ensure process safety, reliability, efficiency, cost control, product quality and environmental compliance is achieved on a daily basis
- Troubleshoots issues within the PDH process assets, as well as has understanding of impacts from upstream and downstream operations relating to troubleshooting
- Provide support to ensure PDH quality targets are met, work closely with laboratory and analytical staff, and interpret product quality results
- Assist in start-up and shutdown activities as required (i.e. preparation and execution of procedures for equipment isolation, maintenance preparation, etc.)
- Ensure timely review and updates to operating procedures, including management of change for procedures
- Participate and support initiatives to improve safety culture at all levels of operations
- Provide operations coordination and input for expense and capital projects
- Active member of the Emergency Response Team on site
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with, mentor, motivate, and develop the operations shift team members
- Lead and/or provide training to operators and plant personnel (control room training, equipment training, procedural training, critical task training, etc.)
- Provide input to Operations Manager for annual O&M and Capital projects budget development.
- Must have 15 or more years of industry-related petrochemical experience
- Previous experience with Oleflex licensed technology is an asset, but not a requirement
- Previous experience with processes such as ethane crackers, platforming, CCR, olefins production is an asset
- Previous experience with equipment such as large steam turbines, large scale fired heaters, separation systems / coldbox technology, and fractionators will be considered
- Strong technical understanding of plant processes and equipment, maintenance practices, process safety, chemical safety, emergency response plan, work order process, the incident reporting process
- Certificate in power engineering (minimum 3rd class) and preferably post-secondary education
- Strong analytical skills, strong communication and technical writing abilities, attention to detail and well developed interpersonal skills are required.
- Must demonstrate leadership and teambuilding qualities
- This position requires the ability to work rotating, 12-hour day/night shifts.