We are pleased to offer the following key contract positions: Project Engineer
Work Location: Stavanger
Start date: 14.11.2018 - 19.11.2021
Please be aware that the closing date is our closing date for submitting the bid to the customer. Your application must be sent to us in due time.
Closing date: 2018-11-15 12:00:00
- Support the Facilities Project Manager in the overall Facilities delivery during Execute as well as earlier phases for Ærfugl and other Skarv area projects
- Accountable for managing the technical interfaces in the Facilities delivery and supporting the cross-BU interface activities during the Project Execute stage.
- Support the project leadership team in providing project engineering support of project elements, in particular meeting performance objectives for cost, schedule, 3rd party contractor management, HSE performance, operability and technical quality and reliability
- Application of client’s stage gate project management process
- Support ensuring conformance with client’s and partner governance and funding process.
- Support reporting project cost, schedule, milestones, and risks, along with any other significant metrics of project success.
- Support effective techniques for regular communication across and outside the project team.
- Strict adherence to comapny and Industry Standards.
- Focus on integration of the safety management system into all aspects of the project and team.
- Support robust management of project risks.
- Capture & communicate, as well as identify and apply technical lessons learned and project management best practices.
- Support and drive continuous improvement across project.
- Demonstrate behaviours which promote a safe and environmentally responsible work process and outcome in all aspects of the job.
- Ensure the project/license is administered in accordance with the Joint Operating Agreement
- Be the primary representative for Joint Venture partners and follow up actions, build trust between Operator and Partners by ensuring high quality, timely and predictable response
- Coordinate communication across the project towards partners as agreed with the FPM, be knowledgeable of ongoing matters
- Plan, facilitate and execute Project Committee meetings, hereunder;
- Compile agenda and high-quality presentations within deadlines
- Take minutes and actions and ensure timely follow-up of such including approvals
- Ensure timely and efficient project of asset milestones and facilitate/coordinate;
- License governance process
- Annual status report
- Monthly JV reporting
- Manage project information structure, hereunder;
- L2S, Teams, Sharepoint, Workplace, Workplace, authority correspondence etc.
- Implementation and running of information structure ensuring “best practice” usage
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering or similar technical degree
Essential experience and job requirements
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently and working knowledge of Norwegian
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience working on projects.
- Minimum 10 yrs. experience in Subsea, Pipelines, or Marine Construction.
- Project experience with design phase (SURF/SPS/MODS scopes)
- Demonstrable experience managing technical facilities interfaces
- Willingness and ability to travel offshore
- Strong planning, interpersonal, communication, influencing, and organizational skills essential.
- Must have high motivation to manage the interfaces, the ability to focus on agreed deliveries, and be a team player.
- Ability to define and prioritize issues and solve problems through networking with the involved parties
- Innovative eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo.
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, with wide ranging cultural backgrounds.
Desirable additional criteria & qualifications
- Knowledge of staged gate governance process.
- Chartered/Professional/or other type of registered engineer
- Project Management Professional credential