We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world- wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, has an opportunity for a HSE Specialist for a 6 month contract in Calgary, AB. This is a 5 day on/ 2 day off – 8 hours per day camp based role. All candidates must be local as there will be no LOA provided. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the workforce in the implementation of SSHE Processes, Safety Instructions, Safety Procedures, and hazard management strategies as well as ensure compliance with project plans and other relevant company programs.
- Encourage and facilitate an appropriate level of workforce participation in the application of SSHE processes.
- Proactively identify SSHE related issues at the project site and facilitate effective resolution of any issues.
- Participate in contractor qualification process and other SSHE activities as requested by SSHE Lead.
- Provide review and comment, as appropriate, on project specific procedures and manuals.
- Management, inspection and maintenance of SHE Critical Equipment (fire response, oil spill response, portable gas detection, life boats, life rafts, life vests etc).
- Review of annual ERT drill program and feedback to central OIMS team and System 10-2 Administrator. Communication of Emergency Response Plans to ERT and other relevant personnel.
- Coordination of emergency response teams in conjunction with On Scene Coordinator (OSC) during emergency scenarios. Manages forward control (FCP) during emergency situations.
- Science Associate or Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ Demonstrated work experience in safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- Knowledge of security processes and procedures
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Support Company Safety Data Sheet (SDS) management system and processes
- Support compliance with product safety legislation
- Support creation of finished product, stream, and waste SDS(s)
- Ensure safety data sheets are available in the national language and comply with national requirements
- Review SDSs for the purpose of compliance with existing regulations