We are pleased to offer the following key contract positions: Project/Senior Engineer - Structural analysis
Work Location: Molde / Trondheim
Start date: 05/11/2018
End date: 04/10/2019
Please be aware that the closing date is our closing date for submitting the bid to the customer. Your application must be sent to us in due time.
Closing date: 2018-10-26 12:00:00
- Perform finite element and analytical stress analyses for steel structures, typically offshore lattice boom cranes and related structures.
- Participate in concept studies and project execution in modification-, new build- and removal projects.
- Write technical reports
(Both Molde and Trondheim may be actual as working location)
- The successful candidate will typically hold a Master of Science degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering.
- Extensive experience with ANSYS workbench and APDL (Version 18.0 or newer), SpaceClaim and DesignXplorer.
- 5-10 years of experience in stress analysis using finite element software.
- Broad and solid technical skills with very good understanding of engineering mechanics, strength of materials, steel structures.
- Familiar with relevant industry standards, e.g. Eurocode 3, EN 13001 and EN 13852.
- Strong analytical mindset. Ability to consider details without losing view of the holistic consequences.
- Good interpersonal skills - team work oriented across disciplines and organizational boundaries. Ability to take initiative and to be flexible.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both Norwegian and English. Ability to succinctly and accurately summarize findings in written report format.
- Programming skills (C++/Python) is a plus.