Project Delivery Manager
- Role is based in Labrador City (option for FIFO or relocation)
Engineering team is under a mission to become leading Plant project practitioners across the industry. The team strives to continuously improve project management skills and functions to efficiently deliver its challenging project portfolio ranging from 100 to 500M$ per year. The mission is to mature as a business to build stronger owner's team and successfully deliver projects complexity ranging from business sustaining to ambitious expansion projects.
We are looking for a Manager Project Delivery. Role is accountable for planning and delivery of projects from initiation to completion, and focused on achieving objectives through managing safety, resources, budgets, changes, and risks & opportunities. Projects may be capital or operating projects, or related to broad business improvement initiatives.
What the role entails
You will be responsible for:
- Determines project priorities in conjunction with key stakeholders and ensures appropriate staff availability.
- Manages the implementation of projects in accordance with the approved scope.
- Assists project managers in ensuring stakeholder requirements are properly understood and project deliverables are met.
- Develops and implements an effective stakeholder engagement plan through the life of the project.
- Monitors projects on an ongoing basis, evaluates progress/quality and manages issue resolution.
- Develops, implements, refines and improves project delivery methods and standards.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders to drive a culture of collaboration, participation and improvement.
- Provide input into and ensures compliance with standardized project processes, systems and tools across projects.
- Manages and develops the performance of the team in line with Client's company values, in order to achieve objectives.
What you will need for this role
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Project Management role
- A minimum of 15 years in industry
- Prior experience in leading a team of staff professionals
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) or Master's in PM Certificate
- Experience in operational areas
- Expertise in mining environment
- Primavera P6
- Experience in a matrix organization structure
- Bilingual (French-English) an asset