We are pleased to offer the following opportunity of Synchronous Condenser Mechanical Specialist in Soldiers Pond, NL
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 6 - 9 Months
Closing date: 2018-10-16 12:00:00
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and job functions of the Synchronous Condenser Mechanical Specialist shall include, but are not limited to the
- Oversee daily construction activities relating to disassembly, condition assessment, and reasssembly;
- Complete detailed technical reviews of Contractor procedures to verify conformity with the Scope of Work, project design criteria, Nalcor standards, codes, practices, operating philosophy, good utility practice and constructability.
- Work with Contractors to ensure the installed facilities meet project goals for quality and schedule;
- Facilitate problem resolution and assume responsibility for closure;
- Ensure opportunities for improvements to all aspects of performance (safety, environment, cost, schedule, quality, operations, reliability) are actively pursued and championed;
- Work to resolve issues that could impact overall performance objectives;
- Maintain functional relationships and work closely with the project management team;
- Lead in owner's acceptance during synchronous condenser work;
- Provide technical leadership in the resolution of issues;
- Provide input (observations, analysis) for warranty claims.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- 5+ years related experience
- Background in electrical utilities as industrial mechanic/millwright and foreman of multi-disciplinary crews
- Familiarity with the disassembly, reassembly,and overhaul of large (110 MVa+) horizontal synchronous condensers
- Strong background with resolution of technical issues
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Be able to weigh pros and cons of technical solutions (value engineering) and put forward and identify nonconformances
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor's vision and core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
- Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within amulti-functional team environment (matrix style organization structure).
- Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.