We are working in close partnership with a leading company active in wood coatings and preservatives. The company is a leading provider of chemicals into the timber industry and looking to expand its business across Europe, starting with increased investment into the manufacturing process and facilities.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Manager – Wood Coatings & Preservatives, based in Mannheim, Germany. The role will be reporting directly to Technical Director.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership for all aspects of manufacturing operations for the site
- Assures safe working environment for employees and environmental compliance
- Develops the annual operating plan/budgets and continuously reviews the plan compliance with respect to production, yields, and fixed costs. Answers variances from the plan
- Manages raw material, production schedules, finished product inventories and logistics of shipments
- Participates in Sales and Operations Planning processes
- Implementation of SAP to ensure smooth transition of manufacturing to supply
- Implements necessary plant improvements as dictated by business needs
- Recruit, develop and motivate staff in a highly effective manner (approximately 30 employees)
- Ensure proper development of personnel by identifying training opportunities and by providing a positive coaching model
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Mannheim, Germany
- Must be an excellent communicator of German and English, both orally and written
- BSc in Chemical Engineering or related is preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in manufacturing and production
- Must have experience in manufacturing of formulation chemicals
- Must have an excellent working knowledge and demonstrate at least 5 years’ experience in SAP implementation
- Candidates must be high energy, able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to learn quickly
- Must possess a high level of leadership acumen and the ability to think strategically and influence decisions at a high level
- Strong interpersonal skills
The expected salary for this role would be in the region of €80,000 to €90,000 plus OTE 10% plus added benefits.