Summary of Duties:
The Cost Engineering Analyst will provide support at the project level, as well as the program level, to implement control system and re-instrumentation projects.
Specific Roles/Responsibilities include:
Monitor cost & schedule at project and program levels.
- Maintain WBS and CBS structures;
- Track costs and commitments;
- Monitor and review Earned Value reporting;
- Administer Cost Engineering impacted management of change, including budget transfers, contingency drawdown and trend logs;
- Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes;
- Process change orders from contractors;
- Work with Procurement, Estimating & Project Management to estimate changes and resolve claims.
Provide support to the Program
- Provide input to the Project Controls Plan and its elements;
- Work with Finance to ensure established accounting processes, systems, and procedures are followed;
- Participate in project reviews, risk assessments and assurance activities;
- Support business planning processes and reporting;
- Independently identify and work with interfaces to resolve issues;
- May mentor others.
- Report rollup cash flow and forecast;
- Generate project progress, performance, & forecast reports;
- Misc. reporting as required.
Participates and supports:
- Shares knowledge readily between the Project group, the project team, the refineries, and the engineering contractors;
- Provides input into the Project Execution Plan.
Essential criteria & qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Finance, or Business;
- Well-rounded Cost Engineering background in FEL Phases 2, 3 and 4;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Cost Engineering/Project Controls (oil and gas preferred);
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project systems including finance systems (SAP), business planning processes and invoicing (processing, record keeping, auditing);
- Experience with Chevron ARIBA Procurement system and SAP is a plus;
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team within a geographically dispersed complex multi-project environment;
- Ability to communicate at all levels and to work well within a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Ability to travel to other project locations.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- AACE International certification as a Certified Cost Consultant and/or as a Certified Cost Engineer;
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge of industry and professional cost engineering and/or Project Services practices, trends, best practices, etc.;
- Consistently considers problems, process improvements, changes, etc. with an enterprise mind-set;
- Anticipates resistance to changes and applies strategies to mitigate.
What We Offer
Contract Hire; Full Time; Extremely competitive wages and benefit package.
Friday, April 13, 2018