Civil/Structure Senior Project Engineer for Package 4
Location: Port Arthur, TX
Duration: 12+ months
- The Civil – Structure Senior Project Engineer main function will be to support Sub-Project 4 Management to develop the detailed Engineering, the bid dossier of the Package 4 “Extension & Remodeling of Central Control Building” in accordance with the Project Statement of Requirements (SOR) and all Project requirements, specifications and procedures., to award the Contractor in charge of the of the package execution in a LSTK contract and to follow the construction activities up to their Handover.
- Package 4 Statement Of Requirements (SOR) is presented through the Engineering FEED Central Control Building – Ergonomic Study Scope of Work Doc No. SD-RPA-PJC-SCP-10-07 Rev. C. This document describes the refinery bases of the STUDY describing the operability of its existing Central Control Building (CCB).
- A risk session was developed in order to determine the works feasibility, execution path worth, logistic during the construction phase, and the mitigation action plan were addressed. This document will be re-visited through a new session to develop prior to invite the tenders to bid.
- No activities related to the Package 3 (Process Control system and Consoles remodeling) are part of the Package 4. However it remains to organize the work interfaces with Package 3 for the new operating consoles installation when the plant will continue to be operated, and with EPC4 works execution in the vicinity.
- Develop the specification for design/construction of the building extension and remodeling with the support of the General Engineering Contractor : EPA package will develop the detailed engineering and prepare the bid for Civil works (Site preparation works, Excavation and backfill, Foundations design , Roads, paving and fencing , Drainage and effluents design, Concrete works, Building design ), Electrical power supply, lighting, Fire & Gas detection, Pressurization and HVAC system. HVAC facilities shall be extended or added to cover the building extension (new area).
- Take in consideration the ergonomic study and in particular, specify the new design with a noise level as per the ergonomic study requirements.
- Arrange the necessary project review to consolidate the specification for design to be ready for tendering.
- Re-visit the Risk assessment and assist for the development of the schedule level 2 with the support of SP4 project Planner. A particular attention will be paid to the Central Room that will be permanently operated during works.
- Organize the different reviews and validated the detailed engineering documents to ensure that Package 4 bid dossier contents is developed in order to proceed with the bid start.
- Ensure that the interfaces with other engineering disciplines and with the Package 3 (Control System) are adequately engineered for compilation in EPC4 bid dossier.
- EPC Contract – Appendix A3 – Interface Responsibility Matrix will govern.
- Follow the construction activities with, when necessary, the support of the PMT Construction team.
- Activities related to SP4 should represent 50% of his working time.
Context and environment:
The Civil / structure Senior Project Engineer is the focal point in charge of compiling the necessary information in the Package 4 bid dossier.
Oversees the input of the other disciplines from other packages on behalf of SP4 Project Manager.
The Senior Project Engineer is accountable for the preparation of the Package 4 bid dossier within the targeted schedule.
Also accountable for:
- Reviewing and timely responding to the technical clarifications.
- Addressing deviation requests to the project, in a timely manner and with due consideration to the cost and schedule, and in compliance with the Project Quality Plan.
Qualifications / Experience required
Technical knowledge and experience of project engineering in the context of an Package 4 for a construction execution in a control building operating continuously.
Having 10+ year experience, some experience and knowledge in the design of Central Control Building and Works execution would be a plus.
The position requires an ability to liaise effectively at all organizational levels and to represent the Project for Package 4 related matters.
The incumbent shall also:
- Be able to cope in a positive and productive manner within a professional and demanding environment as expected in a large Project with aggressive cost constraints.
- Be able to work well as a member of a Project Team and to positively communicate with his counterpart.