Job Title: Refrigeration Engineer
Salary: Up to £31,000
Our client are a large Facilities Management company with nationwide coverage, due to continued growth they are looking to add an experienced Refrigeration Engineer to their team.
Under the direction of the Multi-Skilled Engineering Supervisor to carry out maintenance functions to provide mechanical & electrical support on refrigeration equipment of all types. This will include -20 and -80 freezers, cold rooms, air cooled water chillers and air conditioning units. To ensure that GMP manufacturing equipment is maintained to suit its intended purpose. To participate in AP structure and on call rotas.
- Ensuring all Planned Preventative Maintenance is completed on time
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all electrical and mechanical systems. There will be a requirement to gain approval as an Approved Person Pressure Systems and confined spaces and partake in AP duties.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certification/ documentation is supplied.
- Isolation of defective equipment from power supply, checks visually for faults, tests mechanical parts for faults, isolates the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- The installation of electrical systems and associated equipment.
- Order spares to facilitate the timely repair of on site equipment
- Control of good housekeeping and good working practices
- Provide assistance to third parties as and when required
- Assistance on other areas of the site can be expected
- Taking an active part in the on call system, which may require the applicant to become an authorised person (Electrical, Confined Space or Pressure Systems)
- Ensure full compliance of the companies Safety Rules and apply good engineering and safety practices
- Complete on site risk assessment to support maintenance activities
- 8City and Guilds 2079 Safe handling of refrigerants, F-gas certificate or equivalent
- Ideally Level 2/3 City and Guilds 6127 technical certificate in commercial refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Ideally Level 2/3 NVQ Refrigeration and Air Conditioning ( service and maintenance)
- Experience: Electrical and system fault finding experience, ideally experience of working on cascade/ ultra low temperature refrigeration
Salary & Benefits
- 25 days annual leave
- On call allowance: £30 per day, £60 Bank Holiday if applicable