Senior Corporate Accounting Manager
LOCATION: Houston, TX
We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a midstream operator is looking to hire a Senior Corporate Accounting Manager on a direct hire basis located in Houston, TX.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to crafting procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate
- Responsible for maintaining the chart of accounts, managing the monthly close process, and producing periodic financial reports.
- Maintaining a robust system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of internal controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk.
- Participate in the review and analysis of a wide variety of financial and other external reports including SEC filings.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures that are updated periodically. Ensure policies are properly communicated, enforced and adhered to throughout the organization.
- Manage the implementation, documentation and maintenance of adequate and effective processes to improve the monthly financial close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiaries, operating locations and international locations, especially their control systems, transaction processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Contribute to and manage business process optimization initiatives and automation of financial accounting processes throughout the company.
- Minimum of 4 years of public accounting experience with a big 4 firm
- Oracle experience
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Extensive experience in energy sector, including specific knowledge of LNG sector preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant - required
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the leading midstream operators who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid holiday and more.