Electrical Engineer / Aberdeen
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Electrical Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Support delivery of safety, integrity, production, and environmental performance of the asset.
* First line support for Electrical technical issues from Offshore
* Investigate and solve day to day and medium-term plant problems in support of the offshore team.
* Responsible for ensuring controlled documents are up to date and any changes are managed. work packs are prepared for maintenance tasks as required and provide technical approval of content.
* Responsible for monitoring / compliance with asset discipline Performance Standards and completion of Independent Verification Body (IVB) actions where appropriate
* Communicate asset risks / non-compliances to the discipline technical authority.
* Responsible for monitoring / compliance with implemented asset discipline documents on the company's Management System (TMS).
* Responsible for technical input into procedures, maintenance deferrals and Offshore Risk Assessments (ORA's) within discipline
* Responsible for technical input of platform (Management of Change) MOC's at agreed stage gates.
* Assure compliance with good technical practice through offshore visits and audits.
* Responsible for technical approval of material and service requisitions (within discipline) in Maximo.
* Asset focal point for specified maintenance support contractors and associated performance management duties.
* Planning of vendor support visits and co- ordination of any follow up activities
* Manage onshore overhauls of equipment, attend repair facilities and witness activities where appropriate
* Participate in incident investigations and assist offshore team in identifying root cause.
* Assist Offshore with safety critical maintenance deferral process and contribute to risk assessments.
* Support Offshore maintenance personnel to continually improve the Maintenance strategies to ensure optimum balance of technical integrity, reliability, cost and life of the field.
* Monitor, review, and risk assess work activity backlog, working with maintenance team to ensure deferral of work activity follows correct procedure.
* Support HSE inspections as asset discipline point of contact for data requests, clarifications and completion of HSE actions where appropriate.
* Provide technical input into year shutdown scope definition and execution and actively participate as a member of the onshore shutdown team
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant engineering discipline or significant experience in a similar role
* Current Offshore Medical and Survival Certificate
* Chartered Engineer status with an appropriate engineering council registered body
* Experience in a discipline support role.
* Some experience within specialist engineering discipline with a moderate level of knowledge of UK offshore operations and infrastructure
* Overall understanding of key legislation and regulatory framework applicable to UKCS offshore regime with knowledge of major accident hazards, performance standards, assurance and verification activities.
* Knowledge of engineering practices, codes and standards and their application to development and management of lifecycle asset integrity assurance programmes.
* Awareness of other discipline functions e.g., Operations, Inspection, Engineering and Process.
* Knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment techniques and management of change processes and tools
* Experience of the management of vendor services contracts
* Proactively shares best practices and knowledge
* Proven ability to plan and manage resources to deliver results
* Computer literate with high level of competence in the use of Microsoft Office packages, e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint as well as discipline related software
* Excellent communication skills
* Proven ability to develop highly effective working relationships
* Willingness to travel offshore