Site Manager - Belgium - Wind / Belgium, EuropeClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||€400 - €500 per day|
The Site Manager's job purpose is to manage as first person on site all site-related activities along the project execution phase from site establishment to handover of the Wind Farm to the customer and Service as well as to ensure that all activities on site are done within the project schedule and according to HSE standards.
The Site Manager has during his whole project management related assignment the full responsibility and authority for all aspects in order to secure a safe and successful realisation of the Wind Farm/ installation of Wind Turbines in terms of cost, quality and time.
Site Manager Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare site for finalisation of installation phase
- Organising pending materials with suppliers
- Coordinate task with subcontractor companies + additional manpower if required
- Organisation of the subcontractors according to erection strategy
- Close cooperation with the Project Manager in execution of the site
- Make decisions regarding site activities and priorities on a daily basis
- First contact for all parties being active on site such as subcontractors, suppliers and any other personnel on site by building up a strong relationship with the aforementioned parties
- Define time schedules for the management of the site and monitor and safeguard required level of quality throughout erection, finishing and commissioning works
- Coordinate work tasks for individual parties on site
- Oversee and control civil, mechanical and electrical site works in anticipation with turbine delivery and in accordance with given time frame
- Lead the arrival at site, erection and commissioning of the wind turbines in order to assure the hand over to the customer on-time and in good quality
- Cooperate closely and communicate periodically with the correspondent Logistic Manager and/or the logistic company involved in the delivery of goods.
- Monitor the delivery of goods on a daily basis
- The SM should organise the Toolbox Talk on a daily basis to keep all leaders coordinated, updated and informed about daily tasks and HSE issues, as well as monitor the related documentation.
- In case the SM is not present on site at the moment of the Commissioning, he should still be directly reported and informed.
- Support to deliver all required documentation
- Manage and schedule the organisation and replacement of resources, tools and material as well as manage site logistics and return cargo
- De-mobilisation of the site
- If applicable, facilitate a smooth handover internally, from SM to PM
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Site Manager / in operative project execution and construction site management for complex technical projects either in civil construction, manufacturing and plant engineering industry, the wind energy sector and/or similar industries/energy sectors.
- Bachelor in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent; Master's degree (preferable) in an industry related program.
- Fluent English
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical qualification
- basic knowledge and appreciation of the technical aspects driving the wind industry,
- adaptive to new changes and challenges, and to learn quickly
- Capable of working independently
- Ability to deal with several issues concurrently and under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Leadership skills, ability to build a proactive, focused team, integrating members drawn from various support departments, such as erection supervisors and commissioning engineers, and local service engineers.
- Ability to work with different business cultures
- Proficient computer skills utilising MS office basic programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- HSE awareness
- Pro-active attitude
- Good communication skills in English language (spoken and written)
- The following certificates and trainings are required prior to start of work on a construction site:
GWO Training Standard has to be obtained including:
- Valid first aid certification
- Fire awareness training
- Manual handling training
- Rescue at heights training