Contract: Materials & Welding Specialist / DohaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
- Use deep technical knowledge, fabrication experience, and advanced interpersonal skills to direct the Project to ensure materials-related requirements are adequately planned for, implemented, and performed in accordance with the corporate and Project Safety, Environmental, and Quality requirements.
- Oversight of contractor, vendors, and suppliers to ensure materials-disciplined raw materials, planning, and qualifications are provided in accordance with Project requirements.
- Provide technical expertise supporting all aspects of materials. This includes, but is not limited to, materials-related design, code and specification requirements, procurement, non-destructive examination, qualification, interpretation of non-destructive examination results, manufacturing, fabrication, remediation, coating, installation, and commissioning.
- Support Project execution through planning, fabrication, construction tie-in and installation activities across all Project locations and work sites. Utilize advanced problem-solving skills to own and resolve technical and execution-related materials issues that arise across the entire Project for all worksites.
- Perform core materials engineering responsibilities on the Project, including, but not limited to: review of Project documentation, participation within reviews as-required (e.g. engineering design, model, constructability, readiness to proceed), generating presentation materials for the Project, participation in meetings, development and oversight of materials training program, conduct personnel training as-necessary, resolution of NDE interpretation disputes, participation in audits, resolution and closeout of observations, lessons learned.
- Provide materials-SME support for various Qatar-based sites such as fabrication yards, onshore pipeline right-of-way, offshore pipelay vessels, and offshore platforms as well as providing support for non-Qatar sites as-needed.
- Have experience with, review, and support planning, validation, and qualification of advanced non-destructive examination systems specific to CRA clad material girth welding, including Intermediate Visual Testing (IVT) camera + laser systems, Intermediate Radiographic Testing (IRT) real-time radiography systems, and Automated Ultrasonic Testing (AUT).
- Ensure Lessons Learned and previous organizational experience relating to CRA clad materials and TMCP CS materials has been implemented within Project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with specialty in Materials-specific discipline such as welding or NDT, welding engineer preferred
- 10 years + oil & gas engineering experience with roles of project execution and broad knowledge of engineering design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, construction, and installation;
- Must have previous 5+ years raw materials manufacturing of TMCP line pipe & CRA clad line pipe experience;
- Must have previous 5+ years CRA clad welding experience;
- Must have previous NDT experience including CRA-specific IVT and IRT (for CRA intermediate girth weld inspections), as well as knowledge of AUT for both CS and CRA;
- Experience with onshore pipeline, offshore pipelay, onshore facilities, fabrication yard, brownfield, and tie-ins are all requirements of the job;
- Strong technical knowledge of metallurgy, manufacturing, fabrication;
Materials & Welding Specialist
Work hours per day: 10 hrs./day
Work Days per Week: 6 days/week
Work day per Month: 26 days/month
Estimated Start Date
Estimated End Date
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022