Contract: HSE Superintendent / Uganda
Duration 24+ months
Status Rotation 4/4, and additional necessary adjustments as required by sanitary conditions (CV19)
* Demonstrate commitment to HSE excellence through personal conduct.
* Attend Company/Contractors/Subcontractors progress meetings and any other meetings as required
* Liaise with contractors' HSE personnel and project team
* Provide support, innovative advice, resources and processes to all SITE teams.
* Review and comment on contractor documentation, method statements and risk assessments, etc.
* Ensure principal contractor carries out audits and monitor reports
* Take part in/Organize audits of installations and operations, check on their conformity to reference documents
* Ensure principal contractor maintains up to date register of site activities including number of personnel on site
* Ensure HSE team Carry out spot-checks on plant, equipment and competency records
* Ensure that personnel meet individual and collective HSE/HSE Trainings and competence requirements.
* Ensure principal contractor promotes a culture of HSE/risk management throughout construction and commissioning works
* Ensure principal contractor implements HSE strategy and processes that represent best Industry practices and are compliant with legislation, Client standards and contract requirements.
* Provide reliable assurance on the effectiveness of the processes for HSE risk management the principal contractor has in place.
* Take part in/Supervise the incident, accident and anomaly investigations and analyses.
* Ensure all Incidents are reported and investigated at a level commensurate with Client guidance Ensure the follow-up and execution of actions determined after incident, accident, audit.
* Provide daily HSE reports
* Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings
* Ensure follow-up of HSE performances and necessary benchmarking
* Participate in/Ensure planning of HSE performance improvement and associated monitoring
* Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) which shall include all contractors HSE information and analysis of HSE performance indicators
* Ensure coordination, reporting and transmission of feedback to Construction and Project Management Team.
* Ensure that appropriate waste management by Company, Project Contractors and subcontractors.
* Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
* Provide leadership, supervision, guidance and mentoring to personnel with a focus on National development.
The Service Provider must have the following qualifications:
* Professional HSE qualification at Diploma / Degree level minimum (e.g. MSc occupational Health and Safety or NEBOSH diploma)
The Service Provider must have the following experience:
* Minimum 15 years' experience in the oil and gas industry including previous experience in HSE Supervisory role.
* Membership of an appropriate professional body. Experience in large onshore/offshore oil and gas construction projects. Experience in incident investigation. Familiarity with safety and environmental legislation. Knowledge of Client group standards and/or previous experience with other major IOC's in large oil and gas construction projects. Good presentation skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Experience in the implementation of behavioural safety systems and analysing the data produced. Understanding of oil and gas production equipment, processes and utility systems
* Fluent spoken and written English. Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company Standards.
* The working environment is international and multicultural and demands considerable experience in the project process working with International Contractors.
* Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company standards.