Contract: Head Risk Management / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Head-Risk Management required for a major client in Qatar, 2 year contract.
The job holder delivers the risk management programme for the project. The position will develop, communicate and implement the Risk Management System and coordinate the development and stewardship of Risk Treatment Plans. The Position provides guidance, coordination and subject matter expertise to project functions to ensure the implementation of the agreed risk management process.
* Bachelor degree in Business related subject or equivalent exeprience.
* Qualification / certification in Risk Management (eg. Institute of Risk Management)
Knowledge and/or Experience
* Strong experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in business and risk management including project controls, cost and schedule development, tender preparation and contract management and experience supervising multi discipline and multi-cultural teams and as Head of Controls for mega projects.
Technical and Business Skills
* Sound understanding of Project Risks Management principles and philosophies
* Excellent written and verbal English skills.
* Strong planning, organisational and prioritising skills.
* Strong relationship management, negotiating and influencing skills.
* Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
* Good computer literacy skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Interface and take guidance from Risk Management Head / Business support team
2. Implements and stewards the Risk Management System, procedures and guidelines for Project and ensures consistency in the application.
3. Works with Head of Cost Estimating, Cost Leads and Lead Planners to develop a link between risks, management of change process, estimating and schedule control processes.
4. Works with key project leaders, engineering leads, functional leads, embedded operations resources, EPC Contractors / sub- contractors / vendor teams and other users or stakeholders to train, communicate and coach in appropriate use of risk procedures and tools.
5. Educates risk owners on risk management best practices and may be required to work with other risk functions in the development and implementation of risk controls.
6. Identifies key issues, risks and decisions that have created changes or risks that may impact the project (negatively or positively).
7. Develops a risk process to enable risk monthly reporting at the appropriate level with accurate and reliable information to support management decision making.
8. Coaches PMT teams on risk management methodology, and to ensure it is implemented consistently.
9. Ensures that risks are being identified, assessed, and confirm that all existing risks have been correctly identified and entered into the deployed Risk Management System through regular meetings and assesment of processes within each EPC Project Team.
10. Conducts periodic risk register reviews, and proposes risks for evaluations to the Project Leadership Team (PLT)
11. Ensures that response action plans are developed and entered into the deployed Risk Management System.
12. Facilitates, as relevant, risk workshops and ensure proper interface with contractors on risk related issues.
13. Monitors global trends and developments which may have material impact on the Project.
14. Keep up to date with risk management trends and techniques.
If you meet the above criteria please apply by sending full CV.