Contract: Accounts Payable Clerk II / USA
|Location:||Brea, California, USA|
|Salary:||USD160 - USD176 per day|
The client are recruiting for a remote Accounts Payable Clerk II on a 6 month contract.
They are seeking an Accounts Payable contractor who will support the finance department by managing daily accounts payable tasks.
- Processes and matches incoming invoices with open purchase orders in preparation for payment to vendors
- Prepares and processes internal check requests, credit card bills, and expense reports
- Contacts vendors whenever problems with invoices arise, such as price discrepancy, missing invoices, credits, etc. Works with other departments in resolving problems with invoices
- Liaison between Finance other departments for PO errors/resolution
- Prepare weekly payable runs. Matches checks with back up and obtains authorized signatures. Mails all checks with documentation and files AP checks with documentation
- Audit employee expense reports
- Maintains the Accounts Payable files on an ongoing basis.
- Assists in reconciling G/L accounts such as Accounts Payable to the General Ledger on a monthly basis
- Assists in the month end close processes
- Performs other related tasks as assigned
- Must have excellent data entry skills and ability to use 10-key function on a computer
- Must have working knowledge of Excel and computerized accounting programs
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational and detail implementation skills
- Attention to details and problem solving
- Attention to deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Two years experience in accounting/accounts payable/accounts receivable or equivalent experience
- Associates degree in Accounting, or equivalent
- Primary language English
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. Experience with Access
- Must be self- motivating with a positive outlook and focused on quality work. Plan day in an organized manner and pays attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to collect information, identify and diagnose problems.
- Ability to work independently
- Takes initiative to solve problems and improve team performance
- Must be comfortable communicating with upper management and internal departments.