Contract: VTS (Vessel Traffic Service) Supervisor / MozambiqueClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
28/28 rotation (may be amended to allow for quarantine on arrival in Mozambique)
Essential: IALA V103/1 VTS Training Course certified
The VTS Supervisor will report to the Port Operation Manager on a daily basis. VTS Supervisor shall be IALA V103/1 VTS Training certified, with minimum 5 years working experience in a reputed VTS organization. VTS Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and efficient movement of vessels in and out of the Marine Offloading Facility as well as the LNG Terminal on a 24-hour basis.
They will also be responsible for mentor and supervising the VTS operators and ensure agreed SOP's and protocols are followed for the safe and efficient management of the Vessel traffic in the Afungi Bay.
They will also be expected to attend training on a regular basis to maintain the standards required for the safe operation of the port.
* Supervise the duty VTS Operators and ensure VTS services are delivered efficiently.
* Mentor the VTS Operators and educate where required with correct VTS procedures.
* Supervise Communication with vessels arriving and departing from the Port. VTS Supervisor will monitor all traffic to ensure compliance with all local, national and international regulations. Enforce all Port Harbor rules, regulations and procedures.
* Ensure all Port operations and traffic movements are conducted with due regard to the safety of personnel, terminal facilities and cargo.
* Provide VHF safety broadcasts containing all relevant navigational and weather information as required.
* Undertake radar and AIS surveillance of the Port and approaches including anchorages.
* Monitor and record all environmental information to support the safe flow of traffic in/out or moving within the Port.
* Offer a pro-active service to prevent the occurrence of dangerous maritime situations.
* Maintain and update the Port Management Information System database for arrivals, departures and moves to facilitate voyage planning and forecasting.
* Monitor performance and carry out standard operating checks on the equipment in the Port Control Room. Report equipment deficiencies to the Port Operation Manager.
* Disseminate information to agents, terminal operators and other stakeholders to ensure appropriate services are available when required by the vessel for their arrival, departure or movement within Port.
* Maintain a daily log of all communication of vessels arriving, departing or moving within the Port. Maintain a log of all incidents / accidents occurring within the Port.
* Disseminate information to the Terminal, the Port Control, MSA Vendor, Pilots, agents and other stakeholders to ensure appropriate services are available when required by the export vessel for their arrival, departure or movement within the Port.
* Order port services and ensure that they are updated of all vessel movements within the Port.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* IALA V103/1 VTS Training Course certified
* Minimum 5 years working experience as VTS Operator in a major port
* Proficient in English