Project Delivery Manager / USA
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
|Location:||Naperville, Illinois, USA|
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines).
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Supports senior management to ensure that all plans, work packages, and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits and leads activities required in the realization of the benefits of each part of the change program.
- Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels, ensuring that organizational policy and strategies are adhered to.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensures regular and accurate communication to stakeholders, consistent with the methods in use (agile, waterfall, etc).
- Ensures Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to the procedure.
- Manages the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, to facilitate decision making.
- Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria.
- Acts to facilitate effective working relationships between team members integrating the overall operation of formal contracts for the supply of products and services.
- Monitors and reports on supplier performance, Investigating, resolving or escalating problems
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Review the work plans created across area of responsibility
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Own management of stakeholder expectation alignment gaps and/or gaps in meeting client expectations
- Review the stakeholder expectations and management approach with the GBS Programme Director, where applicable
- Monitor and control the quality management process, manage expectations, conduct milestone reviews, manage process performance, conduct continuous improvement and causal analysis activities
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- As guided, setup governance with the right members to ensure strong governance and escalation points
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team; analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Make sure that cross-project and cross-team demands on stakeholder reviewers are balanced and reasonable
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Provide support to Regional Service Transformation Director in managing new service addition and change requests - program-manage all service transition projects:
- Manage virtual teams across multiple geographies to deliver the transition (HR, IT&S, etc.) within project delivery timelines and on budget
- Maintain and refine the standard service transition methodology that is aligned to the other GBS regions. Ensure that the methodology is adhered to for service transition projects where applicable
- Manage the PMO support of all aspects of each transition, including 'Control of GBS Transitions' costs for each project being worked
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- PMP trained or equivalent Project Management experience
- 5 years of experience using the waterfall methodology
- Strong Data Analytics skills and the ability to present the data findings to the Governance team
- Lean or Six Sigma trained or equivalent experience
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of customer impacts
- Proven track record of delivery of programs or work
- End to end Business Project Delivery
- Experience managing different projects at the same time in a challenging environment
- Experience working in a global/virtual environment with direct management not being on the ground
- Experience managing multiple teams and capabilities to deliver complete complex project scope E2E
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020