Road Team Leader (OPRC) / RwandaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||$9000 - $12000 per month|
Highways Team Leader (OPRC) - Africa
The market leading infrastructure recruitment specialist is seeking an experienced Highways Team Leader for an upcoming Output and Performance based Road Contracting (OPRC) for an new project in Eastern Africa.
My client is a major international consultancy who have project around the world and have successfully delivered many similar projects.
The primary objective of this project is to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the management and maintenance of its road network. This will be achieved by the introduction and operation of the Output and Performance based Road Contracting (OPRC) methodology for the Road Asset Management, which is a relatively new concept adopted in order to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of road operations within a life span cycle.
This project is a long term opportunity and shall allow the successful individual to join the project from the very start.
Duties & Responsibilities:
We are seeking to identify a highly experienced and qualified Team Leader to fill our current vacancy, who will lead and deliver this large, OPRC based contract on a full time basis. The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall management of the roads including rehabilitation, routine and periodic maintenance works.
Key requirements for the role:
- Qualified and registered professional engineer
- Academic degree in Civil or Highway Engineering with a Master's degree.
- 15+ years' professional working experience in supervision of road construction/rehabilitation/OPRC Contract/maintenance and/or experience in highway design and contract administration.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as Team Leader on supervision of road construction/rehabilitation/maintenance projects
- International work experience and have worked in developing countries
- Ability to manage and administer road construction contracts under OPRC General Conditions and/or shall have experience managing PPP and/or DBOMT and/or DBT and/or DBOT projects
- Full command in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Conversant with Microsoft office and M.S. Project
Fluency in English writing and communication
The salary package on offer is around $9-12,000 as well as a full expatriate package including Flights, accommodation etc.