Financial Analyst I / Canada
We are pleased to offer the following opportunity of Financial Analyst I located in Calgary, AB
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 1 Year, with the chance of renewal
Closing date: 2019-08-19 12:00:00
Essential Responsibilities The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial closing processes and reporting of all Sales Transactions and CSAs in Canada. This position reports into the TPS Canada Services Finance Manager.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide overall financial analytics and support to Services Canada. Drive simplification efforts and work closely with finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting and develop operational visibility into financial performance.
- Present/review project financials with TPS OTR/Finance at least monthly to ensure accurate financial reporting; make accruals / MJEs as required.
- Be responsible for review and accuracy of local GL and validate legal entity / product line.
- Review inventory and Estimated Cost Accrued (ECA) for.
- Play a key role in the financial closing and ensure close cooperation and coordination with finance team.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly assigned account reconciliations.
- Ensure close cooperation and coordination with the CSA PMs and PCs for the accurate update of CSA DTs.
- Comply with necessary regulations in the reporting process using knowledge of applicable Statutory and GAAP reporting requirements. Support internal/external audits.
- Responsible for creating and processing closing journal entries in general ledger like calculating and booking revenue and cost liquidation.
- Participate in simplification projects focused on improving (financial) processes / performance and system usage
- Generate and enhance routine reports that meet client business needs by conducting thorough needs assessment with business stakeholders.
- Flexibly respond to client ad-hoc requests for customized data and reports.
- Bachelor finance/Business Administration or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- At least 2-3 years of progressive finance experience in a complex environment
- Established analytical and project management ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ambitious, pro-active, high-energy, positive attitude and team player
- Flexible, stress resilient and ability to meet deadlines while maintaining the highest standards of quality
- Fluent in English
- Excel skills: Advanced
- Currently pursuing professional designation or completed (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA) preferred
- Knowledge SAP/Oracle/HFM systems preferred