CDM Manager / EnglandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The Role: CDM Manager
Location: London – Will require you to travel around UK
Assist Client to discharge duties under CDM 2015 for all Urban Energy’s current and new projects around the UK.
The key deliverable for this role is the effective CDM management of all Urban Energy projects. Responsibilities / duties include:
- Advise the Client on whether sufficient time and resources are being allowed for during design, tendering, tender review, mobilisation and construction.
- Work closely with the Principal Designers representative and Principal Contractors representative to ensure Pre-Construction H&S Information is gathered for issue to designers and contractors, requirements are clearly
understood and communicated to the project team.
- Work closely with the PD to review designs for buildability, use, routine maintenance and repair (HAZIDs, Design Risk Assessments & HAZOPs).
- Provide clear, concise and practical H&S advice, guidance and coaching to project delivery teams at all stages of the project.
- Review, comment and advise on the suitability of contractor’s health and safety management documentation to ensure key risks have been considered and addressed.
- Notify relevant projects to the Health and Safety Executive.
- Carry out periodic CDM Compliance audits and site inspections in line with requirements.
- Work closely with the H&S Manager to produce Client Project H&S plans.
- Assist the Client with setting performance goals and objectives for the construction phase.
- Periodically review internal CDM procedures to ensure UE remain compliant with legislation
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Degree level / NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
- CSCS management card holder.
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant field or similar role.
- A certified member of IOSH/ APS with evidence of up to date Continued Professional Development.
- A thorough working knowledge of the CDM 2015 regulations.
- Have good working knowledge of Streetworks, Temporary Works, Excavations, Asbestos, Confined Space, Lifting Operations.
- A strong knowledge of relevant safety standards and an ability to seek, understand and utilise industry knowledge to good effect.
- Be a member of a relevant professional body (i.e. Association for Project Safety or IOSH).
- Experience with high level stakeholder engagement, ideally local councils and highway department.
- Demonstrable experience of working and advising clients during construction projects
- Proficiency in using Microsoft programmes.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
Competencies: Select the 4 most important competencies for the role and their necessary levels in conjunction with the competency matrix.
- Driving performance and efficiency
- Engaging and working collaborating with stakeholders
- Delivering results