QC Inspector (Coating) / Azerbaijan
A contract opportunity for a QC Inspector (Coating) on a project for our client - one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
The QC Inspector is responsible for executing all Quality Control activities relating to pipe coating, the welding qualification process, anode installation, pipe storage, repair, load-in / load-out and tracking. In addition, the inspector shall also support the management of pipe yard contractor and support the coordination for all pipe yard loading activates for the project.
As a member of the Quality team the QC Inspector will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Monitor Contractor's activities during Procedure Qualification Trials (PQT), all phases of welding qualification process, all phases of pipe coating production, testing, pipe handling and storage operations.
- Assist the Project Engineer as required to provide daily reports/updates identifying status of work quality, safety, team behavior, areas of concern and suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate and monitor quality control checks of all pipe, pipe coating and anodes installation (including welding) acceptance activities. This will include corrosion and weight coating, cleanliness end preparations and dimensional control.
- Monitor and review all pipe tally and load in/out activities ensuring full traceability.
- Coordinate and monitor handling, storage, coating repairs activities and pipe returns.
- Liaise and coordinate with on-site Contractor and load in/out personnel.
- Interact with Project team- regarding pipe load outs, traceability, technical query's, non-conformities and pipe damage/returns.
- Ensure that all relevant quality documentation, testing and inspection results are properly documented, complete and handed over in accordance with the information handover specification.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Coating Inspector shall hold current certification in accordance with one of the following standards as a minimum:
- Institute of Corrosion -Pipeline Coating Inspector Level 2.
- BGAS-CSWIP - Site Coating Inspector or Mill Coating Inspector.
- NACE/ FROSIO - Coating Inspector Level 2.
- A minimum CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspection Certification.
- Experience as a QC Inspector in relation to Pipe Coatings.
- Previous experience of Welder Procedure Qualification (WPQ) scopes plus pipeline anode/doubler plate welding
- Previous experience of working in pipe storage facility including application of pipe tracking system.
- Able to communicate in English both written and oral.