Drilling Superintendent / Guyana
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
- To ensure that the clients rig acceptance process is efficiently and effectively conducted and that the punch list actions are closed out promptly.
- To ensure that the Guyana wells are executed safely and cost effectively with minimum adverse impacts on the environment and in compliance with our clients IMS policies and standards.
- To ensure that the Drilling rig and the services upon it deliver top quartile performance whilst drilling the Guyana exploration wells.
- To ensure that all bridging documents are prepared in a timely manner and to a high quality to ensure that the management systems of all the major contractors are effectively bridged to Tullow's Management System (IMS) and standards.
- Manage the preparation for operations so that the Operational Readiness Review is able to support the commencement of operations on time, by ensuring that all the requirements of our client's Well Engineering Management System are fully complied with.
- Ensure that contingency plans for well control, general emergency response and oil spills are in place prior to commencing operations.
- Apply for dispensations from specific aspects of our client's IMS when prudent and necessary to do so.
- Ensure that all necessary primary, back up and contingency equipment is mobilized, installed, commissioned and demobilized effectively.
- Ensure that QA/QC standards are applied and enforced on Rig contractor and all service providers.
- To ensure that all daily expenditures and costs are effectively tracked.
- To ensure that all invoices submitted by contractors are validated, corrected when and where required and approved in SAP in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to our client's offshore drilling personnel, most importantly manage and provide advice to the SDSV and NDSV to minimize downtime and maximize performance metrics for the well.
- Ensure that the Drilling Programme is followed by the offshore drilling staff and ensure that where it becomes necessary to vary the work programme from that contained in the Drilling Programme, ensure that documented amendments are produced and approved in a timely manner.
- To ensure that the logistics operations that support the drilling of Guyana are conducted safely and efficiently at all times.
- To ensure that all SSEA incidents are reported in EMEX in a timely manner and all incidents are investigated as required by our clients IMS.
- To ensure that the clients Well Engineering, well close out process is followed in an efficient and timely manner
- To ensure that our clients staff and contractors conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- No injuries to personnel in our operations.
- No environmental incidents.
- Top Quartile Drilling performance (Well delivered within planned P50 time and budget)
- Demonstrate Strong EHS leadership and commitment.
- Build a resilient, high performing Well Engineering team.
- Assist the Well Engineering team in London with the well planning and design.
- Assist the Well Engineering Manager where required
- Engineering degree or equivalent technical qualification, Shell Round II or equivalent technical competency.
- Extensive well engineering experience
- Extensive site experience in Drilling Supervision.
- Proven of deep water drilling experience
- Experience as a rig superintendent.
- Extensive experience of international remote location, offshore exploration well operations.
- High competence with advanced well control techniques (IWCF certificate mandatory).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the engineering criteria associated with the well design and construction including operations planning, design and well control issues, bore hole stability, mud chemistry, deviated drilling, fishing and milling, testing and production.
- Extensive Experience in managing EH&S risks inherent in well operations. Record of delivering excellent EHS leadership, results and behaviors.
- Has undergone training in capping and containment of deepwater subsea wells.
- Familiar with API & other recognized industry standards & recommended practices.
- Understanding of Geological and Petroleum Engineering priorities and well associated requirements.
- Good understanding of well budgeting process, cost allocation and monitoring.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Calm and decisive under pressure.
- Action oriented.
- Cultural empathy.
- Open and honest.
- Technical confidence and independence.
- Good communicator internally and externally.
- Able to influence others.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2019