Buyer - Power Station Project / EnglandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
We are looking for an experience Buyer join us at a power station Project in Bedfordshire.
The buyer will lead the procurement of low to medium complexity and risk, goods and services and will have responsibility for your own category of materials or spare parts. You will also provide support to the Procurement Category managers through your knowledge of site issues and needs and their forward-looking demand plan. We may also require you to support other members of the team to cover peaks in demand and leaves of absence.
- We’ll rely on you to be the main site contact and provide the day to day interface between the Procurement function and the business
- We’ll ask that you develop contract strategies, as well as renewing and terminating contracts as necessary.
- You'll review and/or optimise procurement requests orders of up to circa £50k Review.
- You'll Actively drive our vendor rationalisation and tail management
- You'll monitor supplier performance and delivery.
- From time to time, you'll be called upon to support Category Management.
- Our Procurement team members champion and promote the profile of Procurement throughout the wider Business - we'll expect you to do the same.
What will success look like?
- The successful buyer will ensure that they deliver annual business benefit through personalised targets and objectives
- You will support the drive towards increased automation by consolidating and leveraging spend into framework pricing agreements within your category.
- You will also contribute to site planning meetings, ensuring that demand planning is filtered into Procurement to ensure timely production of POs, contracts whilst ensuring business and process compliance.
- You'll need to be IT literate and have experience of using the Microsoft Business Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Your understanding of Contract Law and terms and conditions of Contract will be strong along with the ability to negotiate framework agreements.
- Good negotiation skills will be essential
- Be able to multi-task, manage multiple projects and partners
- Ideally, you'll also be professionally qualified (MCIPS) or working towards it.
- Having experience of SAP ERP systems will help you start fast in the role but is not essential.