Planning Engineer - Fleet Shutdown / Not Specified
FLEET SHUTDOWN PLANNING ENGINEER
In coherence with the Project Execution Strategy and contract requirements to ascertain that production/process downtime is minimized, set up, monitor and update the overall shutdown project schedule in Primavera or similar tool during all its phases (Initiation to Reporting phases).
- Assist the Shutdown Manager and Shutdown Engineer in maintaining the project schedule.
- Provide planning inputs to Project Shutdown Management Team in order to issue regular Project Status Report.
- Supervise Site Planning Activities and coordinate planning interfaces between the Shore Bases, Units and SD Mgt team.
At Initiation / Scheduling / Preparation phase:
- Contribute to the SD PEP definition providing planning set up / organization
- Formulate jointly with Project control / Cost Engineer a Work Breakdown Structure that is coherent with the project execution strategy establishing activity weightings that enable a representative measure of the project progress to be determined.
- Initially, formulate high level planning (Summary level 1) including Client and Subcontractors.
- Assist Shutdown Engineer to validate works list including Materials, Resources, Services and relative lead time and costs…
- Formulate detailed and optimised schedules (Levels 2 & 3…) including Client and Subcontractors to guaranty minimized downtime. This input enables the Shutdown Manager, Client and Management to ascertain project status at any point in time.
- Make visible the various schedule requirements to the Project stakeholders (Shutdown Engineer, Execution Centre project team, Supply Chain leads, Material coordinator, Subcontractor(s) and Construction-Intervention Supervisors…) in order to achieve their scope and the overall project on time.
- Participate to the Project Planning Meetings and resolve all planning issues in due time.
- Produce regular reports such as progress figures, S-curves, “look-a-heads”, etc… to permit the project to be well managed by highlighting planning areas of concern and then to enable the Shutdown Manager to take timely action.
- Identify shortcomings in current methods, processes and procedures and propose improvements.
- Integrate Sub-schedules, loading and capacity charts into the Master shutdown project schedule and determine feasibility and congruence.
- Coordinate and edit the regular schedule update to the Shutdown Manager in line with the corporate and/or contractual requirements, issuing periodical reporting to the Client.
- Build and consolidate the POB schedule for the Shutdown period.
- Travel to the country as required during the critical phases of the shutdown preparation and execution.
At Project Execution phase:
- Analyse daily data and progress; identify Corrective Actions (as and when required) in cooperation with the Shutdown Manager, Shutdown Engineer and Stakeholders.
- Incorporate Corrective Actions in the Progress Reports if necessary.
- Daily pursue, monitor and record in planning progress in each area of project activity.
- Treat urgent request linked to extra and additional work during S/D execution phase
At Reporting phase / Close out:
- Ensure as-built planning / schedule is performed and published
- Contribute to the post mortem report including final dash board, as-built schedule, financial result and lessons learnt
- Prepare the list of activities required for the next SD
- Identify shortcomings in current methods, processes and procedures and propose improvements and good practices to be implemented for next shutdown