Cost Engineer / Not Specified
The Cost Engineer acts as a business partner in the assigned remit, accountable for your stakeholders to achieve business objectives in operational effectiveness and efficiency, reliable financial reporting and compliance with laws, regulations and standards.
As a cost engineer, you are responsible to acquire knowledge on potential expenditures, analyze project expenditures and develop cost trending. You analyze all available data to determine cause of overruns and underruns. You create a cost conscious atmosphere so that all persons working on a project are aware of how their activities impact the project cost including all applicable contractual issues. You are actively building partnerships and working collaboratively with others within the project and the team to get input and in the end meet shared objectives.
Your main tasks are to:
- Apply and adapt corporate cost control methodology to the project.
- Interface with Planning, Contracts, and Purchasing, Engineering, Construction, and Accounting team members for commercial and technical Input.
- Prepare cost estimates for possible design' project execution changes,
- Analyze the project budget, the technical and commercial data using trending' earned value' in-house methods in order to prepare the monthly project cost forecasts,
- Prepare the Project Forecast on a monthly basis and consolidate results in the Cost Control Monthly Report (Forecast, Areas of concern, VOs, Budget Variance analysis etc.),
- Identify and prepare Project Variation Orders for approval by Project Manager and submission to Client
Our ideal candidate for the role of Cost Engineer has a minimum of 5 years project experience, preferably in the international Oil & Gas industry with familiarity with FPSO refurbishment & conversion projects. You preferably have a bachelor or Master degree in Engineering.
Furthermore you have the following skills and experience:
- Solid business acumen, estimating, reporting and cost controlling skills
- Solid IT skills, with good knowledge of NADIA/BOQ/B.O. and project performance software
- You develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- You plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Intellectual curiosity towards technical aspects of project and project management processes.
- You are pro-active and detail-oriented.