Site Area Safety Advisor / USA
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
- Monitor/verify Company and EPC site safety, health and security management systems and plans are being fully implemented (eg. Total Hurt, Life Saving Actions, IIF)
- Promote company and EPC SSH management systems in the field
- Provide SSH field support to the project construction team with tools and technical expertise
- Provide real-time expert SSH services to field personnel
- Support Safety, Security & Health alignment between EPC and PT
- Ensure SSH metrics are recorded and reported in a timely fashion
- Support the Safety Health Security Lead as directed
- Provide guidance and coaching to Site Area Safety Advisors who will be assigned specific areas to patrol:
- Site preparation/piling/Train 1/3
- Train 2
- Temporary Facilities/Laydown/Offsites/Logistics/Pipeline
- Marine (construction/transport/diving/marsh)
- Work Management
- General Project Security, Health and Safety coverage
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the Position Title shall include the following:
- Provide leadership and coordination of Site Area Safety Advisors.
- Coordinate and with field supervision for work site inspections
- Assist on field SSH audits and follow up on action items
- Initiate and coordinate investigations of SSH incidents, Root Cause Analysis and significant near misses and participate in investigations of EPC Contractor SSHE incidents
- Support Person In Charge (PIC) on incident notification, reporting and management
- Participate in and assess effectiveness of SSHE meetings and JSA’s and/other pre-job safety reviews
- Monitor Safety metrics for performance trends and work with EPC to identify/implement mitigations as required
- Provide SSHE performance stewardship to
- Coordinate and assist the Site SSHE Steering Teams
- Coach and mentor Site Personnel / Contractor Safety Advisors and champion the SSHE systems/procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Have good experience in project construction and supervision
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience supervising project construction activities, preferably related to oil and gas construction and/or a FERC regulated project
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the LSA activities desired: Energy Isolation, Breaking Containment, Critical Devices, Hot Work, Working at Height, Confined Space Entry, Lifting and Hoisting, Working near moving equipment, Excavation, Diving
- Good knowledge of safety processes and procedures (pre-job safety planning, observation and intervention programs etc.)
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills, supervisory/organizational talents, and proven ability to work in a positive team manner, attitude / commitment towards achieving project objective
- Self-confidence to instruct EPC contractors/project workers regarding SSH performance and regulatory compliance implementation requirements
- Fluent (at a technical level) in English
- Safety, Health, Security processes and tool knowledge
- Adaptable to changing priorities and independent problem solver.
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills to ensure data/report accuracy.
- Incident investigation skills – Taproot or equivalent.
- Proficient with computers and in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for reporting.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2019