COO - Energy Developer / SingaporeClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||$140000 - $170000 per annum|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
COO - Energy Developer (Singapore)
The COO will join the management team to lead global operations, working with in-country teams, joint venture partners, etc. including providing oversight of all operational, construction, development, compliance, financial control.
You will join the at an very exciting time to join their organisation with an aggressive growth plan, substantial portfolio and credible pipeline already established as well as significant capital availability.
The key objective of the position is to contribute to the company's growth - through managing business and asset operations including developing our local teams to ensure portfolio enhancement through driving performance of our operationl projects, timely and on budget delivery of the construction projects and ensuring identified pipeline is advanced. As COO will also be responsible for establishing appropriate in-country presence and operations in new markets, joint ventures, equity investments, etc. that the company pursues. The position holder will report to the CEO.
Client Profile: Energy Developer with portfolio of projects in Asia and Africa, investment, development, construction and operation.
- Day to day management of the local teams, joint ventures, etc. encompassing project delivery, asset management.
- Overall responsibility for Operations and Maintenance across the business.
- Manage key external stakeholders i.e. JV counterparties, contractors, customers, government agencies, etc.
- Ensure robust corporate governance, including regular board meetings, preparation of Board materials, monthly project reporting, regular cross functional project meetings, project milestone reporting, early warning of key risks/opportunities, action-based deliverables, etc.
- Ensure effective oversight of all construction activities to ensure on budget and on time delivery through timely reporting, contractor management, stakeholder management, regulatory compliance etc.
- Deliver best in class operational performance by implementing and monitoring weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operational KPI's (P&L, O&M KPI's and financial targets).
- Work with the CEO and the rest of the management team to ensure continual pipeline growth.
- Ensure adherence to core values in term of Ethics, Social Governance, Environment, H&S and Regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for budgetary control and setting of budgets for all sites / platforms / in-country businesses as well as ensuring tight cost control and optimisation of the projects / businesses to fully understand all upsides and enable monitoring of upside once the project is implemented.
- Provide leadership to a centralized control room function to ensure real value add as well as centralized customer relationship management and process flow management tools.
- In charge of developing and managing BE C&I central business operations including IT, HR, marketing, etc.
- Chief Operating Officer - Commercial and Industrial
- Proven experience with 15+ year's business and asset operations experience in the power / renewable energy, utility and/or heavy industry sectors.
- Knowledge of distributed energy generation solutions.
- Experience in dealing with complex contractual agreements both in their underlying negotiation and scope adherence.
- Ability to handle difficult and complex relationship management with sponsors, utilities, key regulatory bodies, etc.
- Extensive experience in preparation of budgets, cost control, financial and project reporting.
- Extensive experience in managing, coaching and building high quality operational teams.
- Willingness to travel and visit project sites, sometimes for longer duration.
- Self-driven/entrepreneurial personality with managerial capabilities/experiences.
- Knowledge of distributed energy technologies and services.
- Cross-functional management capability.
- Leadership and fast-paced team player.
- Excellent negotiator and relationship management.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and pride in work.
- Relevant university degree (Master or Bachelor), combining engineering and business / finance (engineering is a prerequisite)
- Advanced level of English, both
Location: Singapore, however with the expectation of extensive travel.
Salary Package: 140,000 USD to 170,000 USD Per Annum (Gross)
If you would like to be considered for this project, please send your CV to me in word format for further discussion.