Supply Chain Specialist / USA
|Location:||The Woodlands, Texas, USA|
The Supply Chain Specialist is based in the Woodlands and reports directly to the Contracts & Procurement (C&P) Manager.
The position is responsible for providing C&P support for the tendering, award and execution of service contracts and purchase orders for the Drilling phase of the Project for in alignment with Company policies and industry standards in support of the LNG organization.
This is a key position that will require a detailed level of procurement, contracts, C&P systems expertise.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five (5) or more year's relevant procurement and contracting experience within the oil and gas industry. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Experience in a C&P role on major capital projects offshore drilling activities, including drafting and formulating contracts, for rigs, tangible items and drilling services.
- Experience in negotiating and managing tender process for large, multi-national projects.
- Experience supporting Integrated Projects in an offshore development.
- Proven ability to manage contractors / suppliers to ensure value delivery to the Project. This includes managing contractual obligations of parties involved ensuring that all terms and conditions are met.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing strong governance systems within the Contracts and Procurement function.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders in a multifunctional team and able to accomplish directives in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a key member of a high performing work team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to handle many complex issues concurrently.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to assess, prioritize and respond to urgent situations on a timely basis.
- Manage internal customer and contractor / supplier relations to ensure service needs are met and act as liaison between all stakeholders participating in the contracting processes.
- Identify and measure risks, and develop strategies and negotiations for contractual issues that reduce such risks, involving Legal and other departments as appropriate.
- Ensure contractor compliance with policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Company's Contracting Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Company Regulations, Company Code of Business Conduct and Anti-Corruption Laws, including the FCPA and Anti-Bribery Act.
- Ensure goods and services are contracted at competitive prices, while maintaining quality standards.
- Confirm compliance with current AMA1 Project guidelines and Mozambique laws as applicable to contract development
- Maintain auditable files; including electronic files within Project required systems.
Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Procurement, Engineering or related field is preferred.