Project Control Engineer / Nigeria
Project Controls Engineer
Our client a major E&P company is embarking on a new development project in Nigeria and is looking for an experienced project controls engineer to join the team on a long term contract assignment, responsible for assisting the Project Controls Leader in the organization and control of Risk and Planning Management on the Project. The role will be to perform, supervise, co-ordinate and control all necessary Project Risk activities and to ensure that they are performed in accordance with the company Rules and Procedures using best work practices.
- To assist the Project Controls Leader in the organization and control of Risk and Planning Management on the Project.
- To perform, supervise, co-ordinate and control all necessary Project Risk activities and to ensure that they are performed in accordance with the COMPANY Rules and Procedures using best work practices.
- To define, propose & implement risk mitigation measures supporting the respect of project objectives.
- To anticipate any potential drift in both schedule and cost risk and propose correctives measures.
- To be responsible for all scheduling related to the Brownfield package including the Company Integrated Schedule as well as monitoring and ensuring consistent quality of CONTRACTOR schedules.
- Prepare and issue for review progress and status reports for the package (weekly, monthly, etc)
The job holder will be required to:
- Provide training and coaching to the Project Team as required in the area of risk management.
- Create, update and implement the required Project Risk Management Plan and procedures.
- Liaise with the Project QA/QC team to capture lessons learnt, risks and opportunities from other Projects.
- Organise brainstorming sessions and/or interviews, provide checklists, and use other projects feedback to help relevant Project Team members identify potential risks.
- Identify additional risks not addressed by the PMT using various sources of information.
- Act as a support to the relevant team members for the evaluation of the identified risks.
- Use a scoring system for the qualitative evaluation of risks; assist Risk Owners in the assessment of their risks.
- Create and maintain quantitative risk assessment models to evaluate the global risk to the Project.
- Maintain the Project risk register on a regular basis.
- Support Risk Owners for the definition, implementation and follow-up of mitigation actions.
- Monitor progress on implementation of the approved risk mitigation actions.
- Maintain the risk analysis models (schedule, cost).
- Carry-out quantitative risk analyses (schedule and risk) as and when required and at least once per quarter.
- Liaise with the cost control team to ensure that the remaining contingencies are consistent with the cost impact of the remaining risks.
- Liaise with the planning team to ensure that the contingencies built into the Project schedule are consistent with the results of the latest schedule risk analysis.
- Produce regular reports and summaries on the items listed above.
- Ensure that contractors and suppliers implement and operate appropriate risk management systems.
Develop and maintain good relations with the Risk Managers / Engineers of the Contractors.
Participate in the review of the Contractors' submitted risk management plans to confirm suitability and compliance with the Project requirements.
- Attends the periodic meetings with the Contractors to review their risk registers and risks assessment reports.
- Conduct ad-hoc meetings and reviews with Contractors to identify risks and ensure that Risk Management specifications are followed.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with Partners and Nigerian Authorities representatives in his team (NNPC, NAPIMS, DPR)
- Responsible for project reporting and communication
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor's Engineering degree or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of professional experience working within the oil and gas industry including at least 5 years in a similar position with experience in planning. Contracts and cost control advantageous.
- Expert in the use of Primavera Risk Analysis and @Risk software.
- Good communication skills and command of written and verbal English. Some French would also be advantageous.
- Proficient user of computer software such as MS Office Suite