Test Technician III / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
We are pleased to offer the following opportunity of Test Technician III located in St. John's, NL.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 1 Year, Renewable
Closing date: 2019-06-24 12:00:00
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Work with GE Multilin Firmware development and testing teams (at multiple locations) on requirements gathering/analysis, preparation of test plan & procedures, root-causing issues
- Provide planning and effort estimations and adhere to the project schedule during execution.
- Prepare and review test plans and validation and verification reports.
- Test and verify the operation of new and existing protection elements such as busbar, feeder, motor, generator, transformer and line protection.
- Test and verify the operation of new and existing communications protocols such as IEC 61850, DNP3, Modbus, IEC 60870-5-101/103/104 as well as PRP/HSR and IRIG-B/PTP protocols.
- Maintain and update test environments based on the test scope.
- Perform manual tests as well as automated tests based on test requirements.
- Perform basic modifications on product hardware based on the provided guidelines.
- Provide feedback and share ideas for improving the product features.
- Submit final test procedures and reports and other relevant testing documents with accurate content and results.
- Collaborate with test engineers and stakeholders to ensure the comprehensiveness of the test automations.
- Document and present automation test results by executing the assigned automated tests.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- MSc or BSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Embedded software testing of power system products.
- Excellent knowledge in basic Electrical Engineering fundamentals, power systems operation & protection, substation automation and SCADA systems.
- Hands-on experience in creating and running manual as well as automated tests using different secondary injection kits such as Omicron, Doble and Megger. Must be able to develop and execute automation tests independent of specific equipment.
- Ability to devise tests based on sequence of operation and field scenarios involving hardware, firmware and software/process flow diagram
- Experience with numerical protection Relays.
- Experience in testing protection features of substation relays such as such as busbar, feeder, motor, generator, transformer and line protection.
- Experience with communications protocols such as TCP/IP Suite, PRP/HSR, PTP/IRIG-B and SCADA communication protocols especially IEC 61850 Ed1 & Ed2, IEC 60870-5-101/103/104, DNP3 and Modbus.
- Experience in working with defect tracker tools Such as Bugzilla.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to details especially with respect to development and execution of test procedures and recording test results.
- Capacity to listen, understand and synthesize end user requirements in a multi-cultural environment.
- High energy, self-starter, with a proven track record in delivering results.
- Establish a sense of urgency to complete tasks in an efficient, timely, and effective manner.
- Experience with setting up and maintaining test beds and test setups
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently utilizing sound judgement to make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.