Principal Mining Engineer - Diversified Mining and Metals Company / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||$185000 - $200000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus Scheme|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Our client, a global leader in diversified mining and metals company and are eagerly seeking an experienced Principal Mining Engineer to join their ever senior team. This role will be based in the Perth CBD with state-of-the-art facilities available on premises.
- To identify opportunities for innovation in mining extraction and the application of novel technologies aimed to improve safety, productivity and/or returns in Greenfield projects.
- Take an active role to collaborate between teams and individuals so that innovation and improvement solutions are developed in sync with the overall development timelines for these projects, aligning project needs with emerging technological solutions, in consideration of the total resource-market value chain.
- To influence and integrate the mining extraction technologies with the design and implementation of the digital footprint of Greenfield Projects, ensuring the seamless alignment between modern technological solutions and existing technology platforms in the pursuit of delivering the vision of a “Digital Mine”.
- To support exploration programs with the identification, selection and development of novel exploration technologies and techniques as well as the use of advanced analytics and artificial intelligence tools in leveraging the business' exploration knowledge base.
- Contribute to the formulation of the Technology vision, plan and strategy, with focus on identifying the opportunities for innovation in Greenfield projects considering the short, medium and long-term horizons.
- Understand and influence the Greenfields projects’ strategies, value drivers, and goals and working with the Principals Digital Greenfield Technologies, assist in translating them into technology requirements and actionable mining technology projects in relation to new products and platforms that can increase the net present value or reduce risks for the new ventures.
- Together with the broader technology team members, support the development of project and delivery practices that enable piloting and prototyping in the context of major Greenfield projects
- Development of mine to market value chain mapping with project teams, to ensure the application of mining extraction technologies are focused on the key drivers of value.
- Engage and foster close working relationships with the Principals Digital Greenfield Technologies, Project teams, Corporate Development team members and other key specialist stakeholders across the business to understand the business drivers and drivers of demand for innovation
- Maintain a strong understanding of the technology programs under their leadership impacting key project stakeholders and determine a position on key considerations for resulting Greenfields mining extraction technologies
- Responsible for driving mining extraction technology innovation focused on greenfield projects and mineral exploration
- Support best practice and process implementation that enable people to contribute innovative ideas from across the organization
- Support and contribute to the ongoing development of processes and practices so that ideas generated internally, as well as externally, of the organisation are effectively and consistently evaluated and advanced for further development
- Promote open innovation and introduce project tools and processes that encourage creative thinking such as idea generation platforms, jam sessions, hackathons and internal and external crowdsourcing for the benefit of the business
- Work closely with technology partners and external research institutes to develop emerging mining extraction and exploration technologies that can materially improve the outcomes of new projects as well as accelerate discovery of new ore bodies
- Drive the application of mining technology to accelerate project development and improve project outcomes
- Follow best practice in the delivery of technology programs, including standards, in alignment of organizational strategic goals with consideration to safety, productivity and cost
- Follow business processes with regards to benefit realisation and tracking business value from technology investments in projects through transparent total cost of ownership modelling as well as detailed input to the major projects’ valuation models
- In collaboration with the Greenfields Technology team and the broader Technology team SME’s, leverage the business Data platforms through the development of resource – market visualisation dashboards and applications that enable the effective use of exploration and development data for decision making
- In collaboration with the Greenfields Technology team and the broader Technology team SME’s, manage the inclusion of chosen advanced analytics and artificial intelligence tools that integrate with operational technology and control systems into new projects
- Tertiary Degree in a mining extraction discipline
- Post-graduate qualifications (MBA, M.Eng, PhD) desirable.
- 15 years proven experience in similar role with 5 years in management leadership role
- Experience in mining, innovation and improvement roles
- Experience in development or application of advanced mining technologies in business and operational related roles in the fields of production, maintenance or engineering
How to Apply
Latest Jobs - dbnpp planning engineer - oil & gas exploration & production company batch2 planning engineer - oil & gas exploration & production company oracle application support analyst civil project engineer principal civil engineer quantity surveyor - award winning, commercial construction contractor controls coordinator / administrator maintenance fitter / refueller field/terminal operator - large international energy company field/terminal operator - large international energy company site manager planning engineer - commissioning office manager - engineering consultancy senior wet services engineer internal communications senior specialist senior contract analyst (lng sales) senior contracts engineer (fso) director of supply chain – oncology diagnostics contracts manager structure & marine engineer electrical engineer commissioning engineer (telecom) pipelines & spm coordinator project manager cpp construction engineer batch 1 topsides sd coordinator subsea package lead gis specialist pipe stress engineer 4th class operator 4th class operator utility inspector learn arabic lng marketing manager lng trading manager risk control manager vessel ict technician snr instrumentation engineer fso project cost engineer batch 2 project cost engineer batch 2 icss engineer batch 3 safety engineer pipeline engineer – oil & gas operator – day rates mechanical maintenance / reliability maintenance engineers - iron ore mining mechanical maintenance fitter civil engineer - structures electrical maintenance engineer - nights mechanical asset engineer process safety manager business analyst contract administrator – commercial construction (fit-out) V