Package Engineer - Hydro Mechanical / Canada
We are pleased to offer the following opportunity of Project Engineer - Hydro Mechanical in St. John's, NL
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 2019-05-31 12:00:00
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
Working within the MFG Project Delivery Team, and with accountability residing with the Package Lead Hydro Mechanical —Muskrat Falls Generation, the Package Engineer is responsible to work in support to ensure overall delivery, including scope, cost and schedule management, of the Muskrat Falls Mechanical scopes.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
The duties and job functions of the Package Engineer— Hydro Mechanical shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible to Package Lead Hydro Mechanical —Muskrat Falls Generation to support overall delivery of allocated packages) in accordance with the approved budget; vJoric cioseiy with Project ~ervicesjNianners, engineering ivianager(sj, company`s technical and uesign Integrity group, Construction &Completions Managers, Quality Assurance, and other functional expertise during the design, procurement and construction phases of the Project;
- Work with Contract Administrator to ensure obligations of both Company and Contractor are adhered to;
- Work with Project Controls to ensure effective cost and schedule control for packages(s);
- Oversee Supplier/Contractor preparation of Design Documentation; in addition perform review and coordinate comment response sheets;
- Establish and monitor Deliverable Distribution Matrix based on Supplier Document Registers;
- Monitor project deliverables and milestones and ensure compliance with project schedule;
- Ensure all package interfaces are clearly identified and scheduled with responsibility allocated; liaise with LCP and Contractor Interface coordinators to ensure interfaces are progressed in a timely manner;
- Highlight and monitor critical items in cooperation with other team members;
- Organize and lead meetings related to delivery of package(s), working to resolve issues that could impact overall delivery;
- Interface with Project Completions and Handover representatives) to ensure constructabilityand operability design requirements are stewarded.
- Work with the contractor to ensure that the installed facilities meet the required standards and contract specifications;
- Meet al I Design, Safety, Quality, Schedule, Construction and Regulatory Requirements.
- Meet Project goals for Safety, Operability, Reliability and Environmental Performance
- Assist with Implementing an Engineering and Completions Surveillance Plan. Work with Quality group to assign appropriate Critically level;
- Support development of a Project Documentation Turnover Plan with Suppliers/ Contractors.
- Support all internal reporting requirements including input into PMT Weekly and Monthly Reports;
- Provide site specific inspection reports during surveillance activities at vendor fabrication facilities/ sites etc.
- While the primary location is the St. John's office, the role will necessitate time being required at the Muskrat Falls site in support of Construction Management Team.
Graduation from a recognized university with a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- 3 - 7 years successful experience, in technical as well as project management and construction roles.
- Prior experience interfacing with and managing delivery of large scopes in a large project execution environment.
- Background in mechanical systems/ engineering.
- Strong understanding of project management processes and management systems.
- Strong background in resolution of technical/ management issues during projects execution phase.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the vision and core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
- Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within amulti-functional team environment (matrix style organization structure).
- Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to vision and values.
- Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.
- Must be able to work in acollaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.
- While the primary location is the St. John's office, the role will necessitate that some time will be required at the
- Muskrat Falls site and fabricator shops, increasing as the transition occurs from construction to commissioning.