Package Engineer - Electrical / Canada
We are pleased to offer the following contract opportunity of a Package Engineer - Electrical based in St. John's, NL.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 1 year, renewable
Closing date: 2019-05-31 12:00:00
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
The duties and job functions of the Package Engineer —Electrical shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with the respective Project Services / Planner(s), Engineering Manager(s), Company's Technical and Design Integrity group, Construction &Completions Managers, Quality Assurance, and other functional expertise during the design, procurement and construction phases of the Project;
- Stewardship of Management of Change for assigned package(s);
- Work with Buyer/Contract Administrator to ensure key procurement activities and recommendations are undertaken, including review and approval of contracting strategy, bidder's list, bid evaluation plan, award
- recommendation, final contract for execution, and that the necessary financial authorizations (i.e. requisitions) are in-place;
- Work with Contract Administrator to ensure obligations of both Company and Contractor are adhered to;
- Work with Project Controls to ensure effective cost and schedule control for package(s).
- Oversee Supplier's/Contractor's preparation of Design Documentation; in addition perform review and coordinate comment response sheets;
- Establish Deliverable Distribution Matrix based on Supplier Document Registers;
- Monitor project deliverables and milestones and ensure compliance with project schedule;
- Ensure all package interfaces are clearly identified and scheduled with responsibility allocated; liaise with LCP and Contractor Interface coordinators to ensure interfaces are progressed in a timely manner;
- Highlight and monitor critical items in cooperation with other team members;
- Organize and lead meetings related to delivery of package(s), working to resolve issues that could impact overall deliver;
- Regularly visit critical item work locations for surveillance of suppliers/sub-suppliers and their third-party inspectors. Attend FAT's, as required.
- Interface with the Project's Ready for Operations representatives) to ensure constructability snd operability desig requirements are stewarded;
- Work with the suppliers/contractors to ensure that the installed facilities:
- (a) meet all Design, Safety, Quality, Schedule, Construction and Regulatory Requirements
- (b) meet Project Goals for Safety, Operability, Reliability and Environmental Performance
- Liaise with Site Resident Engineers/Construction to determine the need for Design and Construction Specialists and Inspectors as required;
- Assist with implementing an Engineering &Completions Surveillance Plan. Work with Quality Group to assign appropriate criticality level;
- Coordinate Project Documentation Turnover Plan with Suppliers /Contractors;
- Coordinate Company's response to vendor/site queries in a timely manner to avoid schedule impact;
- Provide input into PMT Weekly and Monthly Reports;
- Provide site specific inspection reports during surveillance activities at vendor fabrication facilities /sites /etc.
- Graduation from a recognized university with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- 6 - 8 years successful experience, in technical as well as project support and/or construction roles.
- Prior experience interfacing with and managing delivery of medium to large scopes in a large project execution environment.
- Background in instrumentation, electrical, controls and telecommunications, including building and utility systems. ~
- Strong understanding of project management processes and management systems.
- Strong background with resolution of technical /management issues during projects planning and execution phases.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the vision and core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
- Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within amulti-functional team environment (matrix style organization structure).
- Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Energy's vision and values.
- Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.
- While the primary location is the St. John's office, the role will necessitate that some time will be required at the Muskrat Falls site and fabricator shops, increasing as the transition occurs through construction and commissioning.