Operations HSE Advisor / ChadClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
OPS HSE Advisor
- Reporting to the Chad Health, Safety, Security, Environment & General Services Manager, the Ops Health, Safety & Environment Advisor will be responsible for:
- Provide Health and Safety oversight on both the construction and production activity set at our client's Field Operations.
- Provide clear, consistent and quality Health and Safety information, advice, guidance and monitoring services to the Field Management Team.
- Function as the Health and Safety compliance gatekeeper providing verification that all relevant Health and Safety best practices; policies and procedural expectations are realized, while promoting a culture of continuous risk management.
- Mentor, monitor and audit the effectiveness of the Permit to Work System on site ensuring appropriate risk assessment and isolations are in place for Control of Work.
- Managing Health and Safety matters through the effective use of resources to achieve the project's Health and Safety goals and objectives.
- Communicate pertinent best practice, lessons learned, safety & environmental alerts.
- Manage all aspects of the Safety Observation Program.
- Support contractors to implement toolbox talks, safety meetings, training, competency standards, drills and exercises.
- Providing guidance, coaching and mentoring to local Health and Safety personnel in the delivery of the project's health and safety expectations and to ensure their development.
- Assist the HSSE & GS and Field Manager through the robust review and testing of all Emergency & Contingency plans.
- Be an active member of the Emergency Response Team as determined. Champion the roll out of any health and safety site initiatives.
- Support, promote, implement and monitor our client's Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSE-MS), HSE Policy, procedures and programs to all personnel.
- Review, update, and implement in the field safety and accident prevention training programs, safety inspections, policies and procedures.
- Promote safety culture and strive for excellent HSE performance in Chad operations.
- Facilitate and participate in Risk Assessments and Job Hazard Analysis for specific jobs as and when required.
- Participating in HAZOP,HAZID and Management of Change reviews for the different phases of the project's development when required
- Ensure accurate and timely Health and Safety (H&S) services are provided to the clients team, compiling and reporting of daily, weekly and monthly HSE statistics.
- Understand, utilize and enforce the HSE-MS Bridging documents, ensure compliance with all parties.
- Maintain pertinent documentation and records associated with scopes of work.
- Ensure adequate HSE inductions are completed
- Conducting quality incident/accident investigation to determine root causes, provide action steps to prevent reoccurrence, and ensure all incidents and safety matters are reported directly to the Chad HSEC Manager in a timely fashion.
- Track all actions resulting from incident investigations and audits to ensure effective close-out.
- Identify HSE-MS gaps and Safe Operating Practices to HSEC Manager and support development of HSE procedures.
- Required to deliver training to employees in addition to, liaising and consulting with internal and external customers.
- A minimum of 10 years health and safety experience in oil and gas production.
- Formal qualification in health and safety, e.g. University technical degree or NEBOSH IGC (Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant strong experience.)
- Experience of operating in a field based processing/production operations environment, with good understanding of process safety hazards and the safety critical controls required to manage process safety hazards.
- Evidence validating track record of presenting information to managers and staff.
- Experience of developing, reviewing and implementing health and safety policies and guidance within a complex Organization.
- Experience with HSE management systems development and evaluation.
- Proven track record of leading and motivating employees at all levels to achieve health and safety performance.
- Supervisory experience in production operations in the functional position of a Health and Safety Advisor.
- Proven Process Safety knowledge and experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency level skills, required to create and respond to letters, emails and compile reports.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment.
- Have demonstrated interpersonal / teamwork skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills English, French desirable) in order to explain health and safety processes to a wide range of people and to give presentations to groups.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information and report and present it simply and accurately.
How to Apply
Latest Jobs - dbnpp planning engineer - oil & gas exploration & production company batch2 planning engineer - oil & gas exploration & production company oracle application support analyst civil project engineer principal civil engineer quantity surveyor - award winning, commercial construction contractor controls coordinator / administrator maintenance fitter / refueller field/terminal operator - large international energy company field/terminal operator - large international energy company site manager planning engineer - commissioning office manager - engineering consultancy senior wet services engineer internal communications senior specialist senior contract analyst (lng sales) senior contracts engineer (fso) director of supply chain – oncology diagnostics contracts manager structure & marine engineer electrical engineer commissioning engineer (telecom) pipelines & spm coordinator project manager cpp construction engineer batch 1 topsides sd coordinator subsea package lead gis specialist pipe stress engineer 4th class operator learn arabic 4th class operator utility inspector lng marketing manager lng trading manager risk control manager vessel ict technician snr instrumentation engineer fso project cost engineer batch 2 project cost engineer batch 2 icss engineer batch 3 safety engineer pipeline engineer – oil & gas operator – day rates mechanical maintenance / reliability maintenance engineers - iron ore mining mechanical maintenance fitter civil engineer - structures electrical maintenance engineer - nights mechanical asset engineer process safety manager business analyst contract administrator – commercial construction (fit-out) V