Operations HSE Advisor / Chad
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
OPS HSE Advisor
- Reporting to the Chad Health, Safety, Security, Environment & General Services Manager, the Ops Health, Safety & Environment Advisor will be responsible for:
- Provide Health and Safety oversight on both the construction and production activity set at our client's Field Operations.
- Provide clear, consistent and quality Health and Safety information, advice, guidance and monitoring services to the Field Management Team.
- Function as the Health and Safety compliance gatekeeper providing verification that all relevant Health and Safety best practices; policies and procedural expectations are realized, while promoting a culture of continuous risk management.
- Mentor, monitor and audit the effectiveness of the Permit to Work System on site ensuring appropriate risk assessment and isolations are in place for Control of Work.
- Managing Health and Safety matters through the effective use of resources to achieve the project's Health and Safety goals and objectives.
- Communicate pertinent best practice, lessons learned, safety & environmental alerts.
- Manage all aspects of the Safety Observation Program.
- Support contractors to implement toolbox talks, safety meetings, training, competency standards, drills and exercises.
- Providing guidance, coaching and mentoring to local Health and Safety personnel in the delivery of the project's health and safety expectations and to ensure their development.
- Assist the HSSE & GS and Field Manager through the robust review and testing of all Emergency & Contingency plans.
- Be an active member of the Emergency Response Team as determined. Champion the roll out of any health and safety site initiatives.
- Support, promote, implement and monitor our client's Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSE-MS), HSE Policy, procedures and programs to all personnel.
- Review, update, and implement in the field safety and accident prevention training programs, safety inspections, policies and procedures.
- Promote safety culture and strive for excellent HSE performance in Chad operations.
- Facilitate and participate in Risk Assessments and Job Hazard Analysis for specific jobs as and when required.
- Participating in HAZOP,HAZID and Management of Change reviews for the different phases of the project's development when required
- Ensure accurate and timely Health and Safety (H&S) services are provided to the clients team, compiling and reporting of daily, weekly and monthly HSE statistics.
- Understand, utilize and enforce the HSE-MS Bridging documents, ensure compliance with all parties.
- Maintain pertinent documentation and records associated with scopes of work.
- Ensure adequate HSE inductions are completed
- Conducting quality incident/accident investigation to determine root causes, provide action steps to prevent reoccurrence, and ensure all incidents and safety matters are reported directly to the Chad HSEC Manager in a timely fashion.
- Track all actions resulting from incident investigations and audits to ensure effective close-out.
- Identify HSE-MS gaps and Safe Operating Practices to HSEC Manager and support development of HSE procedures.
- Required to deliver training to employees in addition to, liaising and consulting with internal and external customers.
- A minimum of 10 years health and safety experience in oil and gas production.
- Formal qualification in health and safety, e.g. University technical degree or NEBOSH IGC (Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant strong experience.)
- Experience of operating in a field based processing/production operations environment, with good understanding of process safety hazards and the safety critical controls required to manage process safety hazards.
- Evidence validating track record of presenting information to managers and staff.
- Experience of developing, reviewing and implementing health and safety policies and guidance within a complex Organization.
- Experience with HSE management systems development and evaluation.
- Proven track record of leading and motivating employees at all levels to achieve health and safety performance.
- Supervisory experience in production operations in the functional position of a Health and Safety Advisor.
- Proven Process Safety knowledge and experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency level skills, required to create and respond to letters, emails and compile reports.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment.
- Have demonstrated interpersonal / teamwork skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills English, French desirable) in order to explain health and safety processes to a wide range of people and to give presentations to groups.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information and report and present it simply and accurately.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2019