Regional HR Manager / Algeria
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
Based in Algeria managing HR for the North Africa region the HR Manager will be responsible for the following -
Strategic HR Planning
Strategic HR Planning
- Establishes and formalizes district wide Human Management Policies, Programs and Procedures. Obtains company- wide support for the formulation and administration of the same.
- Directs, advises and monitors the activities of multi-location or business units with regards to human resource policies & procedures and their implementation.
- Facilitates the coordination and integration of various human resource programs and develops strategies to enhance departmental effectiveness.
- Redefines the HR function and establishes the local HR organization as the HR resources and consultant for all locations and functions in the District.
- Implement and administer all HR and Administrative functions for International Assignees, including but not limiting to: Employee Transfer or position changes; Employee Visas & Immigration; Employee Medical Insurance Plans; Employee Housing; Act as focus point on personal issues, such as work permit and company housing; Liaise with legal representatives as required on HR/Immigration issues.
- Develop policies and guidelines for the IA needs and ensure services provided are up to client’s requirements and expectations. Manage negotiations so as to get the most favourable terms for the Company.
- Provide direction on the development of policies and framework on Manpower Planning, including guidelines, procedures and templates and justifications.
- Review requests for new/revised roles and requirements based on New Business growth and other external factors.
- Provide Annual and Semi Annual Manpower Plan as well as Monthly update on Movement of New and Leaving employees as reflected in the Headcount Report.
- Coordinate requirement at all levels ensuring competence in recruitment and selections, participate in recruitment of all level staff as appropriate, advise and support line managers to improve ability to forecast, attract, and integrate new skills in line with business plans.
- Relations with relevant social organizations and local labor relation’s environment, employment agent.
- Coordinate and Supervise: Job applications and maintaining CV’s to include assistance with interviews & inductions; Liaise, process and utilize agencies on recruitment issues; Placing advertisements on the intranet & daily newspapers and its follow-up; Arranging pre-employment medicals & drug tests as required.
- Maintaining and further developing effective, pro-active HR related policies/procedures and processes in the company.
- Participate in designing programs to develop positive employee relations/communications.
- Develop and maintain a friendly working environment and positive culture within the organization.
- Develop performance appraisal system and provide general management recommendations regarding the efficient utilization of talents.
- Build and instill performance driven culture across the organization and provide consultancy to other departments.
- Ensuring that Performance Appraisals s being conducted at least once a year for All Employees.
- Analyze organization results, competency gap, job requirements, operational problems, plans, forecast and current training program to identify training and development needs.
- Train, guide and motivate direct and indirect reports to achieve optimal performance, thereby contributing to the efficiency of the department and company.
- Develop and implement the Training Matrix and Annual Training Plan to ensure all employees receive sufficient training required to perform their job functions in accordance with their PDP.
- Assess the development needs of individuals, teams and the organization. Is aware of and advocates the use of available resources.
- Design and deliver programs to meet the development needs of individuals, teams and the organization.
- Participate in designing programs to develop positive employee relations/communications, including new hire assimilation, employee development, and talent management.
- Apply talent and succession management models and theories into practical applications; Formulate strategic plan for talent and succession management that supports the business goals and to develop and retain key talents.
- Assesses the local market through surveys and networking, analyzing results, making recommendations for changes including structure design.
- Maintaining District Level Salary Scales & Structure and consistency for all positions within company guidelines.
- Review requests for new /revised roles, coordinate final job profile content with line managers, and recommend appropriate compensation package.
- Apply statutory requirements of terms of employment, inclusive of compensation & benefits requirements.
- Oversee HRIS policy implementation and compliance and ensure: Proper data entry process into the system; all the employee records are captured in the system; all the data is accurate and confidential.
- Promote HRIS as the one stop HR Database for: Improving quality and speed at which information is available; Reducing HR administrative burden; improving flexibility of information to support business planning, reducing operational costs; Enabling employees to access HR information.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or any related discipline
- 15 years' working experience in human resources functions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Able to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment
- Comprehensive knowledge on HR policies and practices
- In- depth knowledge of local governmental policy, regulations and labor laws in North Africa
- Strong leadership, managerial, mentoring and counselling skills
- An understanding of legal/Group requirements regarding HR related employment policies and issues
- Resourceful and result-oriented
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2019