Project Engineer (Piping) / Algeria
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
Project Engineer (piping)
- Management of projects through the phases initiation, study, engineering, procurement up to hand over of installation packages to Construction Department. Further: be contact person during installation/construction period (changes/clarifications/ variations etc), commissioning, as-build and close out
- Ensure the work is done in accordance with HSE and the Joint Venture (JV) procedural and technical requirements
- Coordinate with Planning and Cost Control to ensure that an integrated cost and scheduling system is implemented, reviewed and followed up for every project.
- Ensure that all approvals for expenditure have been obtained.
- Ensure variations are processed and approved according to procedures
- Assist in development of annual capital budget
- Initiate and prepare proposals for modifications/projects
- Monitor monthly performance and project budget.
- Ensure that appropriate project assurance steps are conducted throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure that technical integrity/quality is achieved in accordance with JV targets.
- Ensure projects are executed in accordance with regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of project execution process
- For assigned projects, be the single contact vs the Engineering & Procurement (E&P) Contractor's project engineer and the Construction Team
- Facilitate communication between E & P contractor, Construction Team and Operations (OPS) technical resources
- Ensure that the Change Process (MOC) is being followed,
- Prepare and present projects to the budget owner and/or the OPS Management.
- Anticipate problems before they become critical.
- Approve vendor invoices in accordance with Procurement guidelines and authorization.
- Manage Project Information through Document Control and MOC Procedures.
- Ensure all engineering (document reviews, bid summaries, queries etc) is issued to the appropriate groups and authorities for comments and approval in a timely manner.
- Ensure that projects are appropriately closed-out
- Engineering degree in Piping or Mechanical discipline
- The post-holder shall be degree qualified in engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a discipline engineer in the gas / oil industry
- Minimum of 4 years experience in project engineering and execution
- A track record in HSE Leadership, commitment and delivery is essential
- English speaking, knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Team player, committed to building good working relationships.
- Leadership and commitment to excellence in HSE performance
- Working Knowledge of the standards, design, construction, operation and maintenance for the systems and equipment used in the industry.
- Project and operations planning principles and systems
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2019