Expeditor / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
- To support the Supply Chain function by expediting and tracking all aspects/deliverables, for items as assigned (items can be included in but not limited to equipment/material required for completion of Purchase Orders, Contracts, or Projects).
- Proactively expedite assigned item(s), by managing and utilizing stakeholder meetings, systems, templates, processes and either aiding in mitigation of or identifying potential risks.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders including, but not limited to, vendors and key client groups such as; engineering, project team members, project contractors, quality and other SCM team members (e.g. Logistics).
- Support and manage assigned equipment/material to ensure on-time readiness and delivery to site in line with the project and construction schedule.
- Support and assist with the management of all associated vendor equipment/material documentation between the vendor, Engineering (or Engineering Consultant) and internal Project teams to ensure prompt review & approval periods. Must ensure that all required documentation is received complete (including approvals if applicable) Examples of documentation required can include the following; drawings, RFI's, Inspection Test Plans (ITP), Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS), and Final Vendor Data Requirements (VDR).
- Regular review of vendor fabrication schedules, Inspection and Test Plans (if applicable), Inspection Reports and other pertinent vendor and PO data to mitigate any delays
- Notify key stakeholders of potential or actual delays while working with supplier to resolve issues as required
- Administrate, schedule, chair, minute and manage vendor supply meetings and attend project meetings as required
- Report to stakeholders on equipment/material status, progress, receiving status as required using the required reporting formats.
- Assist in the review and verification of invoices for accuracy as required
- Work with vendors and stakeholders to resolve freight claims, investigate quantity shortages/overages, shipment errors, tagging issues etc.
- Communicate potential commercial and technical issues to the Project team members and stakeholders.
- Assist with logistics for delivery of equipment/material to site and coordinate with construction at site to ensure readiness and proper equipment is available for off-loading shipment as required
- Coordinate activities and communicate regularly with key stakeholders.
- Follow standard processes to ensure that the expediting tasks and duties for assigned equipment/material is centralized as per the direction of the team lead & or Manager.
- Keep updated electronic records per requirements for timely completion of PO/Contract closeouts by creating, organizing and maintaining expediting files
- Other duties as assigned
- This position is responsible for providing frequent, timely and results-oriented project equipment/material expediting.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, positively influencing project, manage project milestones within scope, ensuring document submittal schedules and focus on completion of Purchase Order/Contract close out requirements.
- Requires the ability to communicate all issues and concerns precisely, clearly and unambiguously with all stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous working knowledge and experience of expediting best practices and an understanding of logistics, purchasing and project document requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to maintain and builds strong working relationships.
- Equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Coordination skills, ability to multi-task, follow up and manage timelines
- Ability to work on diverse projects and processes with conflicting deadlines.
- Customer service/Problem Solving/Organizational skills an asset.
- Working Knowledge of Engineering and Vendor Documentation is required.
- Strong and effective communication skills and attention to detail are a necessity
- Knowledge of MS Windows/Outlook and Office Suite.
- Post- secondary education in a related field (e.g. Project Management, Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Com, Finance, Business Admin.)
How to Apply
Latest Jobs - senior ventilation engineer - reputable large gold operator project manager - civil engineering vp operations contracts manager lead electrical engineer production engineer- gom environmental advisor asset maintenance specialist mechanical asset engineer mechanical maintenance fitter maintenance electrician - nights senior electrical engineer package engineer - hydro mechanical package engineer - electrical project coordinator - intermediate construction area manager (refinery) thermal barrier coating specialist thermal barrier coating specialist operations hse advisor offshore foms delivery coach planner iv construction & commissioning hse advisor business manager at rationale ltd maintenance team leader offshore chemist mobile plant operators - mining services provider e&i designer contracts specialist - iron ore company civil project engineer - road construction learn arabic civil supervisor - mrwa projects spe / pm - bridge construction project delivery manager fixed plant maintenance electrician - mining client fixed plant electrician - 2:1 roster fixed plant electrician - 2:1:2:4 fixed plant electrician - 2:1:2:4 production engineer- gom senior maintenance engineer maintenance coordinator commercial analyst - shipping ship contracts specialist - largest producer of natural gas contracts specialist (pdh) - shipping - largest producer of natural gas instrumentation and controls planner dynamics 365 consultant - home based equipment inventory field tech - major oil and gas producer company it project manager development manager electro mechanical site resident engineer - hydro lead contracts specialist (highways) subsea controls engineer V