Subsea Delivery Manager - Global Oil and Gas Operator / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Our client, a global Oil and Gas operator with several major projects in Australia, requires an experienced Subsea Delivery Manager based in Perth.
This position provides the lead role in a multi-discipline team responsible for engineering, procurement, construction, transportation, installation, pre-commissioning and pipeline isolation of the subsea tie-in scope of a Life Extension Project. This is a delivery focused role which will lead a small team, so the successful incumbent will excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to build and influence relationships and recognise politically charged situations.
- Lead a multi-discipline engineering and execution team;
- Lead the tender enquiry preparation, tender evaluation and selection of equipment, suppliers and contractors;
- Interfacing with key project stakeholders to ensure all technical, regulatory and operational requirements are complied with. Support project communication strategy;
- Oversee accurate reporting of the project budget, progress, trends and forecasts throughout the project lifecycle;
- Ensure effective implementation of project interface system to maintain clear integration between project teams, contractors and operations teams;
- Maintain 'Lessons Learned' register and ensure key learnings are incorporated into contract scopes of work and subsequently implemented;
- Provide technical input as required to support environmental and safety regulatory approvals;
- Safe execution of the tie-in scope within the approved schedule and budget;
- Delivery of all subsea contracts in accordance with the approved contract strategy ensuring safety, environmental and quality obligations are being applied;
- Lead the Subsea team in the execution on the Subsea EPCI contract ultimately delivering a tie-in point for a third-party upstream field;
- Represent the subsea tie-in project in discussions and negotiations with external stakeholders (JV Partners, Upstream parties, regulator) ensuring alignment throughout project;
- Interface with company project assurance teams and progress the subsea tie-in project through the AFE assurance gate;
- Key stakeholders include Project Life Extension PMT, Global Leads and SMEs, Onshore & Offshore Operations teams, Upstream Gas Operator, Downstream Plant Operator, external engineering, fabrication, construction and suppliers as well as third party project teams utilising the tie-in point.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline from an accredited university;
- Experience managing Oil and Gas projects, preferably working directly for Oil & Gas Clients / Operators;
- Previous experience of working in Australia and knowledge of regulatory regime is ideal;
- Experience working with subsea contractors and suppliers involved with the design, supply and installation of subsea structures, pipelines and tie-in spools;
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of economics and business drivers;
- Strong sense of accountability and desire to follow through all matters to completion;
- Experience in subsea construction, saturation diving, pipeline pigging and pre- commissioning, as well as modifications of subsea gas pipelines and a working knowledge of subsea high-pressure isolation methods desirable;
- Familiarity if not experience with the Bayu-Undan and associated Projects is preferred but not essential;
- Ability to develop effective long-term relationships and networks with good influence;
- Ability to adapt to change, acquire new skills as needed, and deal with conflicting priorities.